The test

I wake up with Shawn's arm still around me. All of us fell asleep watching Divergent.

I carefully sit up and see that Jack is sleeping on the couch. Then there's Anthony. He's sprawled out on the floor with half a slice of pizza in his mouth.

I cover my mouth to keep from laughing while crawling over to him and then take a picture. That's a keeper!

Then I get an idea. I crawl back over to Shawn and then softly shake his shoulder.

"Shawn, wake up," I whisper.

He turns away so he's not facing me.

"Shawn, get up!" I giggle while crawling over to where he's now facing.

"Ugh, but I love sleep," he pouts groggily.

"But I need help on a prank," I admit and he immediately sits up.

"What prank?" he smirks.

"It's pretty simple, but we should draw mustaches on them," I explain.

"Okay!" he agrees. "I'll get Anthony, you get Jack."

I nod and then go and get a few sharpies. I throw one to Shawn and then I start drawling on Jack's face.

I carefully draw a mustache and then I start to draw a unibrow, but my phone starts ringing.

Jack quickly sits up and looks around. "Wait,what-" Then he sees the sharpie in my hand. "LEXIE!"

I look over at Shawn and I see Anthony sitting up and cluelessly talking to Shawn.

I look down at my phone and see that it's my mom. I put a finger to my lips and tell everyone to shut up before I answer the call.

"Hey, mom!" I exclaim.

"Lexie!" she laughs happily through the phone. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Your dad is home," she answers and I start grinning.

"Seriously?!" I ask.

"No," she says and I frown. "Why would I kid about something like that? Yes, he's home!"

"How long is he going to be there?" I question her.

"I'm not sure," she admits. "But can you fly home? He'll get called when he has to leave to go back, but he doesn't know when he'll get the call. So the sooner you come back the better."

"I can probably get a plane back home today so I'll be there by tonight," I explain. "Is that alright?"

"Yes! That's great!" she agrees. "Then we can all have dinner together!"

"Is that okay? I know you and dad are divorced and all..." I sigh.

"That's alright, honey. We don't hate each other or anything," she answers.

"Okay, that's good. I'll go and get my tickets right now," I tell her.

"Have a safe trip. Love you!" my mom says into the phone.

"Love you too," I repeat before hanging up.

Everyone in the room is staring at me.

"Who was it?" Shawn asks.

"It was my mom," I grin. "My dad is home. I have to go pack so I can go and see him."

"That's awesome!" he smiles. "I'll go pack too."

"You don't have to leave," I insist.

"But you told me I could meet your dad," he frowns. "I want to meet him.