There goes the power!

Me and Shawn's forced week at the studio is finally over, and it was horrible. Angela and Charles were bossing us around like usual and it seemed like they were meaner than usual.

But luckily now since it's done, we're going to Canada today!

"I thought that you and Shawn weren't allowed to be in public together," Jacob exclaims after I tell him what's been going on. Right now I'm packing and he's hanging out with me.

"We aren't," I admit. "We're going there for Christmas, though. They can't make us stay here!"

"True," he adds. "I just hope you guys don't get in trouble."

"We probably will," I giggle. "They hate us, we hate them. They do whatever they can do to destroy our social lives."

"That's messed up," Jacob sighs.

"Very," I agree.

"Are you ready to go?" Shawn asks while walking into my room.

"Yeah," I answer while zipping up my bag. Next I stand up and give Jacob a hug. "Bye, Jacob. I'll see you in a few days."

"Bye," he says while hugging me back. Then I go and do the usual 'bye routine', which is where you give everyone a hug and they say 'have a safe flight' and blah blah blah.

When we get to the airport, Shawn and I go on our very long flight.

***

"Gosh," I groan while walking out of the plane. "That was horrible."

"I know," Shawn agrees. "But now we get to go home and just hang out."

"Yeah. Wait-who is picking us up and taking us back to your house?" I question him as we walk out of the airplane.

"My mom," he answers.

A car pulls up to us and then the window rolls down.

"Mom!" Shawn grins while running over to the window.

"Shawn!" Mrs. Mendes smiles while getting out of the car and giving him a big hug. "It's so great to see you again!" Then she turns over to me. "Lexie, hun! I haven't seen you in forever! How are you both?"

"Pretty good," Shawn explains. "Except for the crappy record deal we're signed too."

"Aw, I'm sorry," she frowns. "You two can tell me more about that later, but right now your father and I have to go to a party. Is it alright if you guys watch Aaliyah? It won't be much work, you just need to make sure she stays out of trouble and all that."

"I guess," Shawn sighs. "But I'm not going to be doing anything insane because Lexie and I are both exhausted."

"Okay, thank you so much," she exclaims.

"It's no problem," I assure her before I put my luggage in the trunk and then Shawn does the same.

Then we get back into the car and start driving back to their home. Since Shawn's in the front seat though, he puts an Ed Sheeran CD in and we listen to that.

As soon as we pull up to the house, Aaliyah runs outside and gives me a giant hug.

"LEXIE!" she screams.

"Ohhh, you just got rejected," I tease Shawn. "And hey, Aaliyah, what's up?"

"I'm currently hugging you," she answers and I laugh.

Then Shawn runs over and snatches her from me, picks her up, and runs inside.

I sprint after them and then I find him tickling her.