The choice

"Good morning, beautiful," Shawn smiles before pulling me into a hug. "I made you breakfast."

"Aw, thank you!" I grin before he hands me a plate full of pancakes. Well, very colorful pancakes.

"Food coloring?" I laugh.

"Yeah. I know that you don't like anything if it's boring," he explains.

"I still would have loved the pancakes," I chuckle. "But thank you."

We both sit down at the table and start eating.

"Are you nervous for today?" I ask Shawn. "Ya know... To go back to the studio."

"A little bit. I don't understand why we have to go back today," he admits.

"Me neither," I agree. "So, what do you want to do before we go to the studio? It's only ten right now and we have to be there at one."

"We can go get lunch," he suggests.

"Shawn, we are literally eating pancakes right now," I laugh.

"Oh yeah..." he chuckles. "Hmm. We could go surfing."

"We haven't done that in a while," I pitch in. "Sounds fun!"

I finish my last bite of food and get up.

"Thanks again, Shawn. It was delicious," I explain before giving him a quick hug and running upstairs to my room.

I slip on my black and white poko-dot tankini and then put my hair in a messy bun. I run downstairs and see Shawn standing in the living room with his swimsuit on.

"Ready?" he asks.

"Yep," I grin. We run outside and then get into the car.

"I like your swimsuit," he compliments.

I like your abs I think.

"Thanks," he laughs.

"Huh?"

"You just told me that you liked my abs," he smirks.

"I said that out loud?" I gasp.

"Yes," he chuckles. I start blushing and then turn my car off.

"Well.. We're here," I change the subject before getting out of the car.

"Did you remember your surfboard?" Shawn asks and I nod. We both grab our surfboards and then run out to the beach.

"It's nice out today," I address. "Maybe the water won't be too cold."

"I hope," Shawn agrees.

We run out into the water and I shriek. "It's so cold! Oh wait, no it's not."

"What was that?" Shawn laughs.

"Just a false alarm," I giggle. "We have to go farther out to get the waves. Is that okay?"

"Yeah let's go," he agrees before swimming out. I follow him until we are farther out.

"You want to take the first wave? I've only surfed one so I'll probably really stink," I explain nervously.

"Sure," Shawn nods. He starts to swim towards the biggest wave near us and then stands up. The wave is giant, but somehow it's easy to Shawn. He gracefully glides with the waves.

"You're turn," he winks before flipping his wet hair.

"Don't let me drown or else I'll come back and haunt you," I warn.

"I won't, I promise," Shawn laughs.

I swim out to the nearest wave and then jump onto my surf board (cue Beyoncé music ). The next thing I know it, I'm riding the wave. When the wave calms down, I swim back over to Shawn.