Playgrounds and Really Rude Workers

I wake up to a whining sound as Jazzy nuzzles me with her nose. Sitting up, I realize I must have fallen asleep in the living room of the O2L house.

"Why would you wake me up?" I groan. "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" She shakes her tail excitedly. I take that as a yes.

I walk to the backdoor and make sure that their backyard is fenced in, which it is. Then I let Jazzy out.

When she finishes her business I let her back inside. I look around for some dog food and then remember that Jazzy's food was in our old house.

I take Wishbone's leash (the O2L dog) and quickly attach it to Jazzy's collar. I guess we're going to the pet store.

I quietly sneak through the house and get to the living room. I grab one of Trevor's hoodies and slip it on and then put on a pair of flip flops. Before I can step outside, someone wakes up.

"Hey, Lexie," Shawn say in his morning voice and smiles, lighting up the whole room. "Whatcha doing?"

"I'm going to walk down to the pet store and get Jazzy some dog food and a few treats," I explain. "Wanna come?"

"Sure," he agrees and then puts on his shoes.

I grab his hand with my freehand and then walk out the door.

"I'm pretty sure the pet store isn't too far from here. I actually looked it up and it's a few streets away from here," I share.

"Okay," Shawn nods. We quietly walk for a while, but then Shawn breaks the silence. "Do you miss the studio at all?" he blurts.

"I don't miss them," I exclaim, referencing to Charles and Angela. "But I do miss the music making part quite a bit."

"Yeah," he adds, "I don't miss them at all. They were a bunch of rotten muffins."

I laugh and lean into his shoulder. "They definitely were."

"You're a good muffin, though," Shawn winks while bopping my nose.

"An original pickup line by Shawn Mendes everyone," I joke.

"That's obviously how I get all the ladies," he exaggerates.

"Mhm," I roll my eyes. "You're such a flirt, you know that?"

"I know. But at least I'm not a tool," he points out.

"You're Instagram says different," I playfully argue.

"Okay, maybe I do have a few tool pictures," Shawn gives in, "but not very many."

We turn the corner and the pet shop comes into view.

"HERE WE COME!" I yell excitedly while swinging our hands up and down while skipping.

The door chimes ring as we walk into the store.

Jazzy immediately starts sniffing around. When she sees another dog she darts towards it, dragging me along with her.

The other dog's owner just laughs as the dogs sniff each other.

"Sorry," I apologize while tugging Jazzy away. "She's just a little excited."

"It's okay," she kindly smiles before pulling her dog away.

"Do you want to look for dog treats while I get the dog food?" I ask Shawn.

"Sounds good," Shawn agrees while taking Jazzy's leash from me. "I can keep track of Jazzy too if you want."

"Sure," I nod before we split into our separate ways.