Holiday Traditions!

"So, you never told me your guys's Christmas traditions," I remind Shawn while we sit and eat our breakfast.

"First of all, my mom and dad feel really bad but they had to leave and go to a meeting and so they won't be back until later. And then secondly, since they can't come with us, I guess it's just me, you, and Aaliyah going to go pick our Christmas tree out," he explains and my eyes light up. "That's one of the traditions we have."

"Really!?" I grin. "That sounds so fun! When are we going?"

"When everyone's ready," he answers. "Oh, and we're actually picking the tree and then cutting down it down so wear warm clothes."

"Okay," I thank him before putting my cereal bowl in the sink and running to my room.

I slide on a warm grey sweater, skinny jeans, a cream-colored knitted scarf, cream-colored knee socks, and light brown uggs.

After that I quickly put on a little bit of makeup and then I go back to find Shawn.

"Are you ready?" Aaliyah asks. Both of them are on their phones by the door.

"Yeah," I answer while putting on my brown coat.

We all climb into Shawn's car and then he starts driving.

"Slug bug," I laugh while lightly punching Aaliyah's arm and looking back out of the window to try to find more of the cars.

"Smart fart," she laughs back while doing the same too me.

"I wish I could participate in this game," Shawn sighs. "It's getting intense."

"I'll drive us back home later when we leave the tree farm," I offer.

"It's alright," he chuckles. "I was mostly joking."

When we pull up to the farm, we get out and start looking around.

"Let's go over there," Aaliyah suggests while pointing towards a big group of trees ways away. "They look like good Christmas trees."

"Okay, let's go check it out," I agree while walking there.

"Wait, hold on," Shawn exclaims while grabbing my wrist. "A little trolley will come and take us there."

"Really?!" I gasp. "That's a good thing because the trees are too far."

"Lexie, you are my inspiration for being lazy," Aaliyah compliments.

"Aw," I fake cry. "Thank you so much. I'd like to thank my family and my friends and-"

"The trolleys's here," Shawn cuts me off. "Sorry for stopping your announcement."

"You should be," I huff.

"Look what you started!" he whisper laughs to Aaliyah.

We climb on to the trolley and sit down.

"Everyone please stay seated," the driver announces along with all of his other rules.

"Can you drop us off here?" Shawn asks when we pull up to where Aaliyah suggested we go to.

The vehicle holts to a stop and let's us out.

"Okay, I have a saw," he continues. "Let's go find a good tree, cut it down, and get going. It's freezing outside!"

"Yeah," I agree.

"Wait, look at this one!" I exclaim while walking over to a tree. "It's perfect!"

Shawn walks to the other side of the tree and frowns. "Um, Lex, come here."