Campfire stories and... People getting lost!?!

I stare into the burning flames in front of me, holding my towel tight against my skin. After we finished swimming, we started a little bonfire.

"Let's tell scary stories," Shawn smirks.

"No, no, no," I beg. "You know how much I hate scary things."

"Please, Lex?" he asks, sticking his lip out.

"No, I'm going to be scared the rest of the night," I cry out.

"Come here," he insists, patting the seat next to him.

I walk over to him and he surprisingly wraps his arm around me. He must have forgotten about what happened.

After a few moments, he tightens up and I can tell he remembered. He quickly pulls his arm away and then looks into the fire, not saying anything, just slightly biting his lip.

"Can I tell the first story!?" Sam questions us.

"Sure!" Lox agrees.

"Okay so once upon a time, there was a group of four kids," he smirks. "One of them was asked to go and take the trash out, so he did. Well we all think. After that, they couldn't find him. Then later that night another one of the kids went outside to go and try to find their phone. If they ever found it, we don't know. Because he ended up never being found. Now only two of the four kids were left. Knock, knock, knock. They could tell that the noise was coming from the attic. Being the curious kids they were, they went upstairs to check to see what was going on. Each step they took, the louder the noise got. Eventually they were at the door. One of them touched the door knob and the door flew open. What they saw was unbelievable, they saw the unexpected.They saw-"

"DON'T SAY IT!" I shriek while pulling my hands up to cover my ears.

"Lexie," Shawn laughs,"it's just a story."

"Sorry, I'm not listening to your lies," I snap while letting my hands fall to my side.

"May I continue?" Sam asks. Everyone nods, except for me. "They saw ghosts. Not just one, but two. Their two friend's ghosts."

I start screaming like a maniac, causing everyone to laugh. "What happened to them!?"

"No one knows, their bodies remain unfound. The only reason why people know they are dead is because they saw their ghosts," Sam explains.

"Is that a true story?" I gawk.

"Yep," he smirks. Before he can say anything else, I start screaming and run inside, soon followed by Anthony, Trevor, and Kian.

"Holy crap," I mumble. "That is a terrifying story."

"Not really," Anthony shrugs. "It was just a story. You know it's not real, right?"

"I guess," I shrug. "Hey, let's watch Sponge Bob." (A/N Fun Fact: my mom won't let me watch this because apparently it rots your brain😂🙌 )

"How about we make food instead," Trevor corrects me before walking to the kitchen.

"FOOD!" Anthony screams before sprinting after Trevor.

I roll my eyes and then walk with Kian to the kitchen.

"How did you guys manage to already trash the kitchen?" I gasp. There is already food and flour everywhere. "What are you guys trying to make?"

"A sandwich."

"You're kidding me," I frown. I just don't understand how they can make such a mess while trying to make a sandwich. "How do you even manage to-You know what, let's just order pizza."