Chapter 182

“Yes. Just once.” Eugene replied quickly as she nodded her head. She had no choice but to comply with his request, knowing that she was lucky enough to get this much.

‘Good. There’s nothing that will hold me back now.’ She thought to herself.

She was relieved that he didn’t respond to her cold-heartedly. If she didn’t trust him, everything could’ve gone wrong.

While Eugene was trapped in her thoughts contemplating her next move, Kasser remained tense and bothered beside her. A hardened expression etched his face, no matter how much he thought he still felt the plan was just too dangerous. He ran his hand through his hair, regret filling his insides and swallowing him whole.

“Struggles don’t make it impossible.”

He had told her that a few days ago, and he didn’t expect her to take his words to heart. He felt displeased thinking about how weak his resolve was when it came to her.

Kasser removed her hands that were still clinging to him, grabbing her shoulders as he fixed his gaze on her face. He wanted to tell her to look for another way, but her smiling, pleased face rendered him speechless. The final decision was always up to him. He didn’t really pay attention to the consequences of his words or actions, and being considerate of other people’s feelings was completely foreign to him.

Unable to control her overflowing emotions, Eugene suddenly brought her face towards his, aiming a kiss on his lips, but landing on the spot between his lower lip and chin instead.

She broke into peals of laughter at her own carelessness as she leaned in and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

Kasser’s eyes glistened as he stared at her. With a resigned sigh, he looked up momentarily and said with a tone full of mirth, “This isn’t good.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re doing this intentionally. This sudden affection.” Kasser replied.

Her eyes widened at his teasing. “No, it wasn’t intentional. I didn’t plan it at all.” Eugene denied as she crossed her arms around his neck, looking directly into his eyes. Her tongue slid out, softly licking his lips then proceeded to suck his bottom lip. She was doing exactly what he’d always done to her.

“I didn’t plan it,” Eugene said, looking straight to his eyes, “I just wanted to do it.”

Kasser stared back at her with the same intensity, the air around them felt hot as he swept her in for a kiss.

At the swift action, Eugene arched her head back towards the bed, reciprocating his kiss with equal passion. She placed her hands onto his shoulders, gently squeezing at the hard plane of his muscles beneath her fingertips. A light moan slipped out of her as they seamlessly moved together. It seemed like Kasser was not the only one who looked forward to this night.

***

Kasser woke up from his slumber, feeling a strong energy bubbling inside his body. His eyes fluttered open and he saw a translucent blue snake slipping out of him.

Praz ran away immediately as he felt his master awake. Kasser relaxed when he saw water rising from the direction of Praz’s movement.

He looked around, carefully taking in his surroundings with his eyes. He realized that it was the crack of dawn, casting the bedroom a hazy, dream-like atmosphere from the early morning glow. He could still see the illusionary water filling the bedroom from where he lay.

Kasser stretched out his hand, waving his hand slightly as the water shook in front of him. He could not feel anything, but the scene before him looked real, vivid enough to convince a person into believing that it was tangible.