Chapter 200

“For what purpose was he spying on us?” Kasser asked.

“I questioned him, but he did not give an answer.” The warrior replied.

Kasser had a disturbed expression on his face.

“How dare a wanderer invade the Holy Land. Dispose of him in principle.” Kasser commanded.

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Then the warrior bowed and left to do his bidding.

While listening to the conversation silently, Eugene felt troubled. The fact that there was a suspicious person in the middle of this desert, frankly made her nervous.

‘Wanderers? Were they not the people of the kingdom?’ Eugene thought to herself.

Eugene turned and looked at the warrior who had finished reporting. From a distance, she could see the warriors surrounding someone. The figure with hands tied behind and kneeling looked like a man. He was bowing his head as if he had been treated quite harshly.

Eugene called Sven who was sitting in a simple tent and eating a snack prepared by the maid.

“Sir Sven. Do you know who the wanderers are?” Eugene asked him.

“Yes, my queen. They are those who wander outside the kingdom.” Sven replied.

According to Sven’s explanation, the wanderers were not citizens of any state. They did not settle and rather, they wandered the world constantly. They were seldom encountered as they traveled through dangerous areas beyond the real rulership of the kingdom. So there were many people who did not know the existence of the wandering tribe at all.

Nothing is known about the origins of the wanderers.

They were so isolated that they married themselves, gave birth to offspring, and did not interact with people who were not wanderers.

“Then you mean the wanderers live in the desert?” Eugene asked.

“I heard that they live not only in the desert, but also in rough mountains and forests.” Sven replied.

“That’s understandable during the dry season, but during the active season as well? Do they cross the borders and hide among people during the active season?”

“No. Even during the active season, they do not enter the boundaries of the kingdom.”

“How is that possible? Are you saying larks don’t attack them?”

“That’s… I apologize. My queen. I do not know.” Sven answered while lowering his head in embarrassment.

“Are you the one that doesn’t know Sir Sven, or does everyone not know?” Eugene clarified.

“I don’t know if anyone knows the answer.” Sven said honestly.

“Have you ever tried to figure it out? Not for personal curiosity, but for national policy?” Eugene asked. The fact that they were able to survive on their own even with the threats of Lark was news to her.

“I think it would be difficult. Even where they live is unclear to us.”

‘That’s weird.’ Eugene commented.