Chapter 206

Taking a deep breath, Eugene tried to calm herself down. Although she spent the last few days organizing her questions for Adrit, she still felt that she’d bombard him with her questions.

With many of them unanswered, there were no words to describe her frustration. For a long time, she had thought no one could answer her questions. However, Adrit was here now, in front of her.

“I have a lot to ask you. Can you answer all my questions?”

“I will tell you everything I know.”

Eugene asked, worriedly, “Are you sure? I thought that your rules dictated that you are not allowed to speak of such things?”

She was afraid that she’d be forcing Adrit into a disadvantageous situation. Based on her understanding, closed groups often had stricter and crueler laws than the norm.

“If it’s something that would cause you great trouble…” she hesitated, “You don’t have to say it.”

Although it would be frustrating, there was no immediate danger coming her way. It would have been a different story if it was a matter of life and death. However, that wasn’t the case. As much as possible, she did not want to put someone in danger for the sake of what she wanted.

Adrit’s eyes shook with his head down.‘If it was this person, wouldn’t it be alright?’

Adrit heard Eugene’s words now, and he believed that whatever he said, the queen would accept the truth.

Kasser looked at Eugene with a strange gaze, showing his discomfort. He knew how much she waited to see Adrit. During her journey to the Holy Land, she mentioned the wanderers several times.

He had asked her, a bit stiff, Why are you so worried about him?

She had turned red, embarrassed, “…To be honest, rather than worried, I’m more hopeful that he would answer my questions.”

She smiled sheepishly and continued, “Since I helped him, won’t he answer me truthfully?”

He couldn’t help but kiss her then, her smile making his heart skip. On the last night they spent in the desert, the bolts were completely released, and the next day, he struggled to soothe her after she wandered all day.

The meeting she had hoped for had come true. Now, he found it curious that she cared for the wanderer more than her greed.

Was this truly the woman who married him three years ago?

When Kasser first met Anika Jin, he accidentally witnessed a scene just before entering the banquet. In an empty hallway, he witnessed Anika slap another woman on the cheek. It was a strong blow, with the woman’s body shaking. In contrast to Anika’s great beauty and gorgeous banquet dress, the woman wore a simple servant’s outfit. He thought that the maid had done something wrong.

If only he knew that that great beauty was Anika Jin and that she’d become his wife.

Later that day, he thought that the maid probably didn’t do much wrong. Knowing Anika Jin, she lacked tolerance for the small mistakes of others. Does a person’s fundamental character change just because they lost their memory?