Chapter 254

They continued to exchange looks as if asking if anyone knew what was going on. Each silent inquiry returned with a nimble shake of head.

“Let Anika Flora come inside.”

“As you will, my lady.”

Eugene’s heart pounced with anticipation as she waited for the butler to welcome Anika Flora.

‘It’s Flora! The main character!’

Now that she realized that this world wasn’t only an imaginary world she created in the novel she wrote, she felt the need to investigate further. But no matter what, nothing changes the fact that this world had indeed been where she had always taken refuge, in times of trouble. Eugene remembered how overwhelmed she was with her own imagination when she wrote about Flora bravely confronting the swarming army of Larks with her great power.

‘How powerful Flora’s Ramita would be? I’m sure it would be more powerful than mine.’

Momentarily, Eugene couldn’t help but to gape as a woman of long jet-black hair, carrying an armful of flowers, appeared through the door behind the butler.

‘Wow. She’s so beautiful.’

Flora and Jin were indeed two beauties of different charms. Likened to an animal, Jin was a haughty feline while Flora was a docile puppy. Doubtless Flora would leave a favorable image to everyone she comes across.

However, Eugene was totally bewildered when a certain memory of Jin flashed across her mind.

[Flora. I think you really are brilliant. Despite being brought up by such parents, along with the brothers of yours, you turned out just fine.]

[No one could have turned out as fine as you, Jin]

Veiled hostility in their compliments….

[Ah, this room really is small. Can someone live in this kind of place?]

[Looks like I could.]

As well as the sense of superiority masked as sympathy. However, the most interesting fact was that Flora had given back as good as she got. According to their conversation, Jin and Flora wouldn’t have been on good terms as enmity runs deep on both sides.

Eugene couldn’t feel more devastated at this point. Before today, all she did was to click her tongue whenever Jin’s vile acts were revealed from her memories. But now, she was utterly outraged by Jin’s past behavior.

How outrageous of Jin to screw up all her relationships with people as if stealing her life weren’t enough! Eugene had no idea as to where she should begin to restore her life back.

“Welcome, Anika Flora.” Dana greeted Flora. Instantaneously, Flora masked her bewilderment and lowered her head.

“Lady Arse and Lord Arse. I hope you have been well.” Flora was taken by surprise as she had never expected to see the whole Arse family gathered around the table. Flora was even more surprised to see Jin being here as well. She had always thought that she would ask her to come along before she went back to her house.

Jin had always asked Flora to come along whenever she wanted to see her mother.

“My apologies for making an unannounced visit… but I just wanted to give these flowers to Lady Arse.”

“I’ll gratefully receive that.”

The butler then took the flowers from Flora and left the room. Flora looked away after watching wistfully as the flowers got carried away by the butler, instead of being handed over to Dana. She forced herself into a smile after she met eyes with Jin.