Chapter 183

The queen met with her three aides, all of them seated on the round table situated inside her office. They were talking amongst themselves as they organized the first draft of her schedule for the dry season. People would surely say that the plan had been set way too late, if the itinerary were finalized just now since they are nearing close to the active period, which is exactly a week from today.

However, this was only the first draft, and she only managed to decide on a month’s program. This is the best she could come up with since there’s nothing like this for the past three years, and she basically started from scratch. The kingdom was unfortunate to have been ruled over by a passive queen for years.

Luckily, her aides were there to help in some affairs Eugene needs to take care of. They sorted out and read through old documents and even took notes of important things. They made sure that they’ve written everything down, spending countless days and nights hunched over books and files just so they could compile the relevant data accordingly.

Then, they took pride in their efforts as the queen read the first draft, satisfied how they’ve managed to do their job correctly.

Their eyes had deep, dark circles, but they felt reborn upon completing their assignments. They were entirely pleased, thinking that coming to work as the queen’s aides was the best decision they have ever made.

There were people who tried to sway them from applying for the queen’s aides position, saying that it would not do their careers any good since there’s literally nothing to do there. That notion came from the rumors that the queen lived a secluded life, even going as far as saying that she had mental and physical issues.

However, Sandy, Regina and Sandra didn’t mind one bit, and had resolved themselves to live a mundane life. The situation changed drastically when the Lark tree incident happened. Everyone grew envious of them, as they had the privilege to meet Queen Jin immediately after the incident.

They were also given the important task of creating a budget. Being able to review and distribute the budget to the different areas of the castle was a priceless experience in itself.

Despite being worn out from helping in creating the queen’s schedule, they were still excited nonetheless in building a new foundation for the future.

“Do we need to meet the head of the merchant group?” Eugene asked after reading the first draft.

“Yes, Your Highness.” Sandra answered quickly, prompting the other two to close their mouths.

“We wouldn’t be able to meet them all, but it is your responsibility to meet the suppliers for the castle, and resolve the differences.” The aide added.

Eugene was surprised to hear that it’s part of her responsibilities. ‘Their workload would increase if mine does, why does it seem like they’re keen about it?’ She asked internally. It is indeed the queen’s responsibility to plan and manage the castle’s budget, and to negotiate with the suppliers.

‘They really seemed eager to work, which is a good thing, I guess.’

Eugene thought that Sandra’s statement was valid enough, though there’s a little difference between Eugene’s viewpoint and her aides’. Eugene was not exactly sure about the full extent of her authority as the queen.

She thought that she shouldn’t be handling minor things like the palace budget when she could be doing exactly what the king does, thus lending him a hand in his hectic schedule. However, her aides really believed that they should stretch her authority as much as possible, taking it upon themselves to expand the queen’s power by asserting certain tasks.