Chapter 263

“Your Majesty, I can’t stress enough that this was never my doing. It was what Jin had done in the past. How outrageous of her to conspire such things with Sang-je. But nonetheless, I guess I can’t say quite say that I’m not accountable for any of it as there’s no denying that my body was involved during the whole conspiracy and just like you said, the rule and regulation which humans are legally obliged to abide by, is meant to apply on the human body and not on the soul. I would be the one to be held responsible even if I had committed a crime under the state of hypnosis. But—”

Kasser just stayed and watched as she wandered in her talk, looking much puzzled. He was of course, infuriated by Sang-je for trying to deceive him but he knew there was no point in brooding on what’s already happened. He rather considered himself lucky since he can now at least prepare himself for the worst-case scenario. Moreover, it was even beyond Sang-je’s powers to unilaterally annul their marriage against Eugene’s will.

Nevertheless, Kasser remained still as he watched her drawing closer to him. His instinct was telling him that it was advantageous for him to keep silent now.

“—I have no interest whatsoever in Sir Pides. Nor do I intend to do as Sang-je’s will.” Eugene cuddled up against him as she linked his arms in hers. “Are you mad?”

She muttered in a dismal tone as he remained silent. “What a stupid question. Of course you’re mad.” With that said, she released her arm and embraced him instead. She buried her face in his chest before she looked up and said, “But please don’t be mad. I’ll do anything to make you feel better.”.

“Anything?”

She gave him a nod despite her sense of foreboding as she believed that he wasn’t a petty man who would take advantage of the situation and make an inordinate demand.

“Yes, whatever you ask.”

Kasser wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her further into his arms.

“I have three wishes.”

‘Three?’

Eugene was a little surprised when he jumped at her offer without a hint of hesitation but there was no reason for her to complain even if he had ten wishes.

“First of all, you’ve said some memories of the past come to your mind occasionally although they weren’t technically yours to be exact. So, I wish you could tell me about everything you see from now on no matter how trivial they may be.”

“I will.” Eugene answered meekly as she was planning to do that anyway.

“Secondly, as much as the time you left me alone yesterday, your whole day from now on, no, until tomorrow, will be mine alone. I don’t want you to leave my side, not even for a second.”