Chapter 251

[I think I may be too quick to adapt to my life in this world. Is this normal?]

[Is Ramita a power of one’s soul or the body?]

[Of course, it’s the power of one’s soul.]

[Make me into a real Jin Anika. Please.]

[Your Holiness, I will recover my Ramita at all costs.]

[How dare you call me mother.]

[I clearly sensed that there was someone else inside my daughter’s body.]

Scattered pieces were put together, forming an image. Despite having pieces being missing here and there, it was enough for Eugene to have a rough idea of its final form.

Eugene was dumbfounded with great shock when the realization finally hit home. She was not the imposter after all! Instead, this world was where she should have belonged in the first place.

“Jin, my baby.”

Eugene felt her eyelashes quiver unwittingly. The voice sounded so warm that she felt like she was embraced. Despite not having even a single memory before she was nine, there was this one voice which was stuck forever in her head. It sounded so warm that it was enough to make her cry.

[Jin, my baby.]

Eugene had always thought that the voice belonged to her mother. She figured that it was her mother who whispered those words to her when she was very little, holding her closely into her chest while looking down with her eyes full of motherly love. It made her happy just by picturing it in her mind.

The one belief that she had once been loved by her parents was the only power that kept her life going.

She believed that her mother was only exhausted with the weight of life and that she would call out to her again saying, ‘Jin, my baby.’ if life gets better for them. And if that day ever comes, she just wanted to throw herself in her mother’s arms like when she was child.

That was the reason why Eugene was so reluctant to give up on her family. She just couldn’t leave them despite being disappointed countless times.

‘Ah. That explains it all.’

Eugene opened her eyes once again. Instantly, everything became clear to her when she saw Dana, who was looking at her with so much warmth in her eyes. Dana must have been the one behind the voice which Eugene remembers so vividly in her head to this day.

“Mom…” She barely managed to utter the word as her voice was restricted by the lump in her throat while her nose and eyes pricked with tears.

“Mom…” Soon, the years of sorrow surged up within her. She found her heart overflowed with both joy and resentment at the same time. It suddenly seemed so unfair that she had spent all her childhood years alone when she was most in need of parental love.

Eugene ended up bursting into tears, overwhelmed by her surge of emotions. As her vision was blurred by the tears, she quickly wiped them off with the back of her hand as she didn’t want to miss even a single change in Dana’s expression. She needed proof to clarify that she wasn’t dreaming after all.

“Yes, sweetie.” With both her hands, Dana tightened her grip around Eugene’s hand as tears flowed endlessly from her eyes.

“Mom.”

“Yes. Mommy is here.”

“I—I was so lonely and scared. Why didn’t you come find me?”

Despite her words being muffled from her sobbing, Dana knew exactly what her daughter meant. “I’m so sorry. Mommy was wrong. My sweet daughter, you must have suffered a lot. Come. Let mommy give you a hug, will you?”