Chapter 209

It was like the heat slowly cooled off, after a wave of an affair. Eugene sprawled across the bed as she received Kasser’s kisses, marking his way from her instep to her calves.

Eugene then thought that maybe she’d gotten used to such sensual touch. Otherwise, it was hard to believe that her mind actually wandered off in the middle of his caresses, however gentle they may be. Eugene did a double take as she realized this wasn’t her first time being warned for her mutterings.

Her eyes wavered as Kasser quickly crawled up her body, pressing his weight against hers and looking down right on top of her. He didn’t seem like his usual self. And his vexed eyes seemed to signal danger.

Eugene gave him an awkward laugh, but it was not enough to unfurrow his brow.

“Don’t you want to do it? Am I making you do it against your will?”

“No, of course not.” Eugene flustered at the sight of him who seemed quite cross with her. As Kasser did not show it, Eugene never realized how his frustrations had been building up inside him for a while.

Throughout the whole return journey from the Holy City, and even after they came back, all Eugene had in her mind were about the wanderers and of the hwansu that took the form of a turtle. Knowing of her obsession with her old book collections before she lost her memory, Kasser tried to understand that her interest in the incantations was likely related to her old hobby.

He tried his best to listen to Eugene’s every word. But to tell the truth, he wanted to have a different conversation with her – something sorely about just the two of them. He longed to have the most private and trivial conversations with her.

He was peeved at her interests in wanderers and some unknown Hwansu, as such interests kept interrupting his time with her.

And at last, at this moment, he felt the sudden outburst of the emotions he had been bottling up inside him this whole time. Although he knew well that it was childish of him to get emotional over such things, he was unable to calm down anymore.

Eugene called out to him, gently, “Don’t get angry, please?”

“I am not angry with you. I just…”

Kasser couldn’t think of the rest of the sentence, the feelings he had buried deep inside coming up to the surface. But he couldn’t think of a word that could clearly define what he felt. Was it resentment? No, it’s something different from that. Loneliness… yes, it was loneliness after all.

He felt like he was the only one who was getting restless. His mind was filled with confusion as he couldn’t find a way to define his feelings for her. Such feelings urged him to see her, to touch her, even if she was already in his arms, right before his eyes. He was confused, as he didn’t understand.

Eugene was already his wife, his woman, that everyone acknowledges. Why was he still discontent with that? Was it because their relationship had been untrue in the beginning? But he had already told her that he wanted to start over with their relationship. He couldn’t figure out what more he had to do to straighten out his feelings.

“When are you going to tell me?”

Eugene, who was caught off guard by his words, failed to keep her face straight.