Chapter 245

Enoch was originally planning on visiting Jin as soon as she arrived at the Holy City. He reflected that he couldn’t let his sister be on distant terms with her family any longer. But sadly, it didn’t seem like Jin would make the first move to come meet her family. They heard no words from her after they were informed of Jin coming through Sang-je’s knight.

Hence, Enoch had sent his people out to stand watch in every four entrances to the Holy City as well as the manor that belonged to the Hashi Kingdom.

“Any of you who first spot Jin’s arrival should notify me at once. Make sure you all stay alert at all times as she could be arriving even in the middle of the night.”

“Yes, young master.”

However, an unexpected commotion arised on the very morning of Jin’s arrival.

Like his usual mornings, Patrick carefully crawled out of the bed and left their bed chamber so he wouldn’t wake his wife who was still asleep. But when she still hadn’t gotten up even after he was done breaking his fast, Patrick found it unusual and went back to check on her.

“Dana, dear.”

When he heard no reply for a while after calling out to her by the door, he went up to their bed. From there, he found his wife was moaning in pain with her body burning up.

“Darling!”

One of the maids had come running into the chamber in surprise upon hearing the urgency in Patrick’s voice. She rushed out back when Patrick instructed her to send for a doctor.

The whole manor was then thrown into commotion after that. The atmosphere around the manor was astir as the lady of the house had always been in good health without any minor ailments so far.

The family doctor, who had come in a heartbeat, told Patrick who impatiently shot questions at him, when he was finished with the examination.

“Lord Arse. I wish to have a word with you in private.”

Enoch waited in great suspense while his father spoke to the family doctor. He couldn’t help but to wonder about just how bad the doctor’s opinion would be as the doctor had asked to have a private word with his father. Enoch hoped that it wouldn’t be about anything bad.

He dashed to his father’s office as soon as he heard that the doctor had taken his leave. Just in time, he ran into Lord Noff, their family doctor, in the hallway.

“What is it about? Is my lady mother alright?

The doctor chuckled at Enoch, who had turned deadly pale in worry. “The lady is fine. You should not be so concerned.”

Looking puzzled, Enoch watched as the doctor walked out of his sight. He thought about pressing the doctor for further explanation but on second thought, he thought it would be best to just hear it from his father so he went into the library. He let out a sigh of relief as his father didn’t seem very upset.

“Father. Is mother all right?”

“Your mother seems to have stressed out her mind as she has been on edge of late. But he said it wasn’t anything severe to worry about.”

“Stressed out? Isn’t it something serious?”

“She should be fine. As it happens, she used to get feverish whenever she had a lot in her mind. I’ve forgotten all about that as she hadn’t fallen sick since you took over the business from her.”

“I have no idea.”

“She has always recovered after a good sleep. We had hardly sent for a doctor like we did today.”