Chapter 214

When Pides left the room, Sang-je called for the knight who was guarding the entrance to the stairs which connects to his prayer room. Although there was a distance-wise limit in his ability to send out his voice, there was no corner in this very palace that his voice couldn’t reach.

The knight entered the room in an instant.

“I am at your command, Your Holiness.”

– I forbid everyone from entering the prayer room from now on until my further order. I will not meet anyone, and my prayer shall not be disturbed until I open the door.

Every once in a while, Sang-je would shut himself in the prayer room for a day or two cutting himself off from all outside contact. The knight replied to Sang-je’s usual command and left the room. The only entrance to the prayer room will now be placed under strict surveillance by the knights.

Sang-je opened his eyes when he was finally left alone in his prayer room. His vivid red pupils were glinting viciously as they were giving off a ferocious air instead of a sacred aura.

‘Still in search?’

Sang-je muttered Anika Jin’s reply to his letter, as Pides delivered.

‘It can’t be true.’

[Your Holiness, I will retrieve my Ramita back no matter what. So please help me in acquiring something I need to do so.]

Anika Jin had asked for his permission for her to marry a king, as a treasure of a kingdom was needed to retrieve her lostRamita. As both Jin’s and his wish coincided, he gave his permission for Jin, who was one of the noble Anikas born for the first time in ten years, to leave for a faraway kingdom that stood in the middle of a desert.

He’d taken his chance when he allowed her to do whatever she wished. He knew how much Jin had suffered, as she regarded herself as an Anika in name only when her Ramita was lost. There was no way Jin could have transformed the lark into a tree if she still had not found what she needed.

‘There were some doubtful aspects in the king’s correspondence as well.’

Both Pides’s and King’s correspondence had arrived almost around the same time. In principle, the King was supposed to take an immediate action and inform the Holy City about the Lark tree incident using the fastest method.

Although he did not find faults with the King as his responsibility was now fulfilled, but to think that the other kings of different kingdoms would have taken rather active steps under the same circumstances, he was not fully satisfied.

‘Although he never falls into my clutches easily, he is still a perfect watchdog to keep watch on the desert.’

He was just the man Sang-je needed to stand guard for Mara, lurking somewhere in the far desert.

‘Mara.’

Sang-je’s face contorted like a growling animal. It was clearly his fault, his own miscalculation as he did not see it coming at all.

‘It had never crossed my mind that he would ever become such a big threat, broadening his influence sneakily behind my back all these years.’