Chapter 198

Eugene followed Sven quietly, and they ended up walking quite a distance.

Maybe because it was the first time she had been in that place, or maybe it was because they had to stop and wait for the warriors to finish clearing the path that was thick with bushes, that she felt like she had walked a long time.

When she was beginning to feel antsy that was when she finally saw the old dignified holy land.

‘Wow…’Eugene let out a sigh.

Eugene looked up at the towering spire of the castle. It was a castle of considerable size, it was almost as big as the current royal castle.

‘It must have been built very strong.’ Eugene commented. Even from where she stood it was apparent that its stone walls were in good condition, especially for an old building. There did not seem much erosion even with the passage of time.

Before leaving, she was given brief information about the holy land. Although it was a capital city hundreds of years ago, some of the stone walls had fallen apart, but the old royal castle was almost intact. If it was refurbished, it seemed that there would be no problem even if they decided to live in it right away.

However, the thick vines that climbed up the walls almost covered the windows, giving the impression that no one lived there for a long time. The jumbled grass that grew around it added more to the feeling of a ruin, proof that it had not been graced with a human touch for quite some time. The castle itself was in good condition but it was clear there was a lot to do if they were to turn it into a liveable place.

Eugene walked around the castle in a garden that barely remained in structural form. It was a sacred place, so she was very careful. She only looked at it from a distance where she couldn’t reach, thinking not to touch anything.

She had been walking aimlessly for about twenty minutes, when she decided there was nothing else for her to see.

If she had been to a place like this while she was on Earth, she would have looked in every cranny and tried to remember it. But now she lived in a castle that was more magnificent and beautiful than this. She wasn’t very impressed with the look of the old castle if she were being honest.

“Let’s head back now.” Eugen announced.

“Yes, my queen.”

“Is there a way back to the lake other than the path we used to come here?” She asked.

“There is no road around the lake. To access the shore, you must go to the tented area. The procession always draws water from the lake through that path.”

Eugene looked at the direction of the lake with a gaze full of regret. On the banks of the lake there will be much thicker vegetation than here, those would be hard to hurdle over.

Without a road for them to take, walking around the lake was close to impossible.

When Eugene returned to the starting point with the warriors, the large and small tents that had been installed neatly in rows. She made a strange look when she saw two of the largest and most sturdy tents side by side.

She knew what those were for.

One for her, one for the king.