Chapter 1: The Bookstore

- Y/N POV - 

 As I walked down the streets of people and monsters, I heard someone talk about how monsters don't belong on the surface. And soon enough that got me thinking. For more than 6 months, there has been a continuous talk about monsters around town, lots of people have their own negative opinions about them and to be honest with you I could care less.  

A lot of people assume that monsters are vicious creatures, and say they want to dictate and take over human society, but honestly they're just exaggerating. In fact, monsters have done nothing but try to blend in with human society, not do anything malicious like us humans do. People are only afraid of what they can't comprehend or understand. And plus, if you're going to accuse someone of something at least have some facts or information to backup your opinion. Idiots.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I accidently bumped into someone's shoulder. Clearly embarrassed by my actions, I let out a quiet "sorry" as I rushed past the stranger looking down, refusing to make eye contact. Eventually, after a few embarrassing minutes of walking by myself, I had finally reached my destination, the Bookstore. When I entered the bookstore, the bell on top of door rang making Mrs. Haddy turn my way immediately with a gentle warm smile on her face. She politely greeted me, "Hello dear." 

"Hello," I replied with a polite tone and faint smile that disappeared as quick as it came. She asked me if was looking for anything in particular and I told her, "Something that'll catch my eye."

 She nodded and went back to doing whatever she was doing before in the first place before I had arrived. I walked around the bookstore inspecting every genre of book their was, until I noticed a particular book on a shelf that caught my eye called, "The War between Humans and Monsters."  Don't get me wrong, although I could care less about most of the conflict that my race has caused throughout millions of years (because I already knew the truth of its history), I was interested in learning the history of war between monsters and humans, since I had never read something about monsters before. 

So I grabbed the book from its shelf, dusted it off and headed to Mrs. Haddy's desk to buy the book, "That will be $7.89 dear." 

"Here you go," I said handing her the money. She put the book in a black plastic bag and gave it to me. 

"Have a nice day!" she said cheerfully as I exited out the door. 

"You too" I said plainly as I left. As I walked from the book store, I took the book out of its plastic bag, threw it away, and decided to head off to the park to read it since it was a nice day.