Chapter 30: Provoked

- Y/N's POV -

Today we were all at the carnival about to play games and have fun. For now we were deciding what rides or activities to do first.

"I wanna go on the ferris wheel!" Undyne calls out.

"M-me t-t-too!" Alphys adds.

"AND I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AGREE," Papyrus affirms. Frisk nods happily in response.

"Well, we might as well go there first," Toriel agrees. 

"Sure," G said in a cool manner, his hands in his pockets. I give a slight nod of approval, not saying anything. 

"Let's go then punks!" Undyne gestures grabbing Alphys arm, dragging her ahead of the others. Alphys blushes a bright red and looks to me as if I would save her. I smirk and give her a wink. I mouth 'You'll be fine.' She mouths a few words I can't sound out and looks back ahead to see where she's going. I was behind in the group, lagging, pretty much taking in everything I could see. I noticed G was going my pace walking right beside me. 

"Why don't you catch up with the rest?" I ask him, turning my gaze to him. "I don't want you to wait for me."

"So considerate of ya' doll, but I'm fine right here with you," G advertises.

"Whatever you say..." I drawl, putting my hands in my hoodie. We saw the others were waiting in a long line to get to the ferris wheel. I cringe at the long line of people shifting a smidge. I think G happened to notice my body language apparently, because he said something to the group.

"Hey guys, me and Y/N are gonna head over to one of the carnival games. That alright?" he asks, gesturing towards the games in the background. 

"Certainly. We'll text you when we're about to get on the ferris wheel," Toriel said. 

"Cool, see ya' guys later," G waves. He takes my hand, dragging me with him. I raise a brow at him as we walk away. He seems to notice my facial expression and responds. "You're welcome," he chuckles. 

"Right," I roll my eyes. "So, what game do you wanna play then?"

"Not sure, we could play... the dart one over there," he points. I shrug. 

"Sure." Since our hands were still connected, I quickly move him to the dart game. We give the personnel two tickets and begin the game. I grab three darts as G does the same.

"I know your good at games doll, but I think I got ya' beat in this one," G brags. 

"Well see about that," I retort. I close one eye focusing on the target and take my first throw. Missed. G takes his turn and throws the dart. Perfect shot, right on target. I narrow my eyes, determined to get the next hit. I take a deep breath and throw my second dart. Missed again. Damn it. G throws his second dart. Perfect shot. Again. I take out a frustrated sigh. G chuckles.

"Need some help?" 

"No," I quickly reply. He raises a bonebrow at me. I sigh, giving in. "Maybe. Okay yes." He shakes his head in amusement and walks directly behind me, lifting my arm and putting the dart in my hand. 

"Look, hold the barrel of the dart between your thumb, index and middle finger," he moves my fingers gently. "Lightly squeeze it. Raise your arm up parallel to the ground so that your elbow is pointing forward and have your body shifted to one side where the weight is stable." He put his hands on my hips moving my body to the right stance position. My cheeks become a bright pink. Luckily G didn't notice, too infocused with teaching me on how to throw a dart. "Make sure to keep your arm and elbow straight when releasing the dart. Now try to throw it." I did as he told me and threw the dart. Bullseye.