Chapter 38: Invitation

- Y/N's POV -

"Pffft. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

"Stop laughing, it's not funny!" Jonathan shouts, his face flushed red. I fell to the ground, holding my stomach, tears coming from my eyes.

"I can't believe you actually did it!" I wheeze, laughing. "Ha ha ha ha ha!"  I had dared him to shout "I'm gay for peanuts!"  and he actually did it. He got a lot of weird stares until a guy came up to us and gave him his phone number, a huge flirt winking him goodbye. We both gave each other weird stares before I bursted out laughing, my shoulders shaking uncontrollably. This however, happened moments ago.

"How do I get a guys phone from just shouting that?! I don't go that way!" he puzzles. "Y/N stop laughing, it's not funny!"

I get up to my feet and wipe my tears, grinning. "Yeah, sure it's not. Now, what should we do next?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips.

"Something that doesn't involve me shouting something weird," he replies, grumpy. I nudge his arm with my elbow. 

"Oh come on, it was funny," I grin. 

"Heh. Not when your the one recieving a random guys phone number," he smiles, ruffling my hair. I smack his hand away. 

"Hey, hey! Hands off the merchandise, I don't want to fix it again," I complain, earning a chuckle from Jonathan. 

"Man I'm hungry, wanna go grab a bite to eat?" Jonathan asks.

"Salty or sweet?" I quiz. 

"Mm, sweet," he answers. 

"I got a place then, follow me," I smile. We walk down the street and reach soon the bakery. "Is this good enough?" He nods. 

"It's way better," he awes. 

"Come on, let's go inside," I gesture. We walk into the establishment, a whiff of sweet air hitting our noses instantly. "I know what I'm getting." 

"Same," Jonathan replies. We walk over to the counter to be met by a familiar face. Violet turns around with a smile on her face. 

"Oh hey Y/N! It's been a long time since I've seen you," she excites. I smile back. 

"Yeah, it's been awhile. Nice to see you again Violet." I take a glance out of my peripheral vision to see Jonathan gawking at Violet. I grin, nudging his arm. "Anyways, we came here for the best sweets in town. My friend, Johnny boy, why don't you introduce yourself?" 

He blushes a bright red, trying to retreat back into his jacket. "U-um, hi. My name is Jonathan, but you can call me Johnny for short if you want," he gulps. Violet smiles in reply. 

"Well it's nice to meet you Jonathan," she smiles. "Now, what can I get you two?" 

"Just a slice of key lime pie thank you," I reply.

"Caramel vanilla pretzel cupcake please," Jonathan said. Violet packs our requested goods and handed it over to us afer we pay. 

"Here you go, enjoy!" she waves. I stop Jonathan and we sit at the high chair seats. 

"Dude, ask for her phone number," I insist. Johnny boy becomes flustered, shaking his head 'no.'

"I can't just walk up to someone and say, 'hey can I have your phone number,'" he quotes, stuttering. I look at him with a blank expression, eyes half lidded. 

"If you don't, I will," I divulge. 

"You wouldn't," he wearies. I cross my arms with a smirk.

"Oh, I would," I sass, pointing my fork at him. "Right after I eat my pie though." Jonathan gives out a nervous chuckle, shaking his head. 

"You are a riot," he sighs. "I mean she's pretty, but that doesn't mean I like like her." 

"Hm, then who do you like lover boy?~" I coo. Jonathan shrinks back, averting his eyes. 

"N-no one you need to know of," he mumbles. I put a hand on my chest, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Ooh, feisty,~" I purr. 

"Let's just eat like regular people and get out of here, okay?"

"Why? You embarrassed?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, and you're all the embarrassment I need," he grins. I return the gesture and hear the bell of the door clang, swinging itself open. I turn my head to look and see Toriel with Papyrus. They walk up to the front and talk to Violet about something that I can't quite hear. When I see that Toriel takes notice of me, I jolt and turn my body back ahead quickly, cupping a hand at the side of my face while trying to shrink myself. I hear footsteps approach, my nerves getting the best of me.

"Y/N, my child, is that you?" Toriel asks from behind. I turn around and sit with my legs crossed over the other as I lean against the counter. 

"Hey Tori! How's it been?" I smile awkwardly.

"All has been well, but how are you?" she asks. 

"Um, good, just hanging out with my pal Jonathan here," I fake laugh, nudging him gently. He raises a brow at me and I signal him with my eyes to which he shrugs and gives me a 'deal with it yourself' look and I pout, grumbling something under my breath before fixing my face back to Toriel. 

"Well, that's nice. But, I do have to say, everyone is worried about you my child," Toriel responds. "It's been two weeks."

"Yeah I know, I've practically been ghosting everybody," I chuckle bitterly, my voice trailing off. "I should apologize to them for leaving without explanation."

"If that's so then you can come to Frisk's birthday party to meet everyone again," she smiles softly. 

"Look Tori... I don't think anyone would want to see me, most of all them presumingly, G," I explain. 

"Or, you're just afraid," she replies. 

"I'm not afraid, I'm just reluctant," I drawl, averting my eyes. 

"You won't have to be if come to the party, everyone misses you Y/N, I know I do and so does Frisk," Toriel breathes, tone sad. "If you're not willing to come for anybody else, please just come for Frisk, they miss you very much and think you would be one of the best surprises of all." 

"Alright, I'll go to the party not only for Frisk but for everyone," I sigh, rubbing the back of my neck. "And is it okay if I bring a plus one?" She nods with a smile, her expression emitting off motherly love. 

"Thank you my child, I'll text you the address," she waves, walking Papyrus out of the bakery. 

I turn to Jonathan who seemed to have a look of disbelief on his face to which I raise a brow at. "What?"

"A plus one?! Who are you taking as a plus one?" he asks. 

"Why you of course, I can't go alone," I smirk, causing him to blush. 

"So, are they all monsters?" he questions, tilting his head slightly. I nod.

"Majority, but Frisk is the only human and the monsters are very nice, trust me." 

He gives me a weary look. "Alright, whatever you say..." I stare at him for a few seconds before turning my view towards something else. After ten minutes, we throw away our empty containers and head out. I put my hands behind my head, enjoying the cool breeze. I hear a ding sound from my phone and check my messages to see the address Toriel had sent me. I show Jonathan and he leans over to see. 

"Well---" I then turn off my phone, stuffing it back in my pocket. "--Seems like we have a birthday party to attend to," I smile. "We better get prepared."