Chapter 8: Trouble in an Alleyway

- Y/N's POV - 

Although it was dark outside, thanks to the lamplights, I could see the path in front of me. As I was walking, I felt a cold breeze brush past me, causing my body shiver only just a little. I continued to walk in the dead of night, rubbing my hands over my arms together just for a little more warmth. In order to get home I had to cross into the dark side of the path where there were very few street lamplights, which made me nervous, but the only way. I crossed the road over to the dark sidewalk fairly quickly even though there's not traffic. As I continued to walk, some places were still open, referring to bar's of course, and the very few street lamp lights were flickering on and off. 

Passing another bar along the way, distinctively three drunk men whistled and hollered towards my direction.

 "Damn, sweetie you looking fine!" 

"Yeah lemme tap that!" 

"Wanna go for a ride! Ha ha ha!"

 My cheeks flare up in frustration and embarrassment, causing me to speed up my walking pace. Stupid, old, creepy, perverted men. *Thump. Thump. Thump.* I could hear the thumping of their feet following behind me as if they were the predators and I, their prey. I didn't want to find out what would happen if they got ahold of me, so by instinct I sprinted off into a run, adrenaline kicking in. They did the same. Running as fast I could, one of the men caught up with me grabbing me by the back hem of my sweater, yanking me backwards into an alleyway, slamming me against the wall. A slight pain shot through my back and to the back of my head, I struggled to get free underneath the man's grasp. I managed to yell, "HELP SOMEONE HEL-mph!" He covered my mouth with his hand, and moved his face closer to mine, his breath reeking of alcohol. 

"Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way dolly,~ " his voice pure of lust. By this time his friends had caught up with us in the alleyway, standing behind him, looking at me with eyes filled with nothing but perversion and lust. I narrowed my eyes at him and kneed him in his groin area, he let go of me, and stumbled back landing on the ground holding his crotch.

 "You bitch!" the second man exclaims, lunging forth at me.

 Adrenaline rushing through my body. I managed to dodge his attack, spin around and punch him straight in the jaw. He then falls to the ground as well. As I try to make a second attempt to run for it again, the third man kicks me in my side causing me to fall to the ground sideways. I let out disgruntled groan that he seems to enjoy. He walks over to me, grabs me by the hem of my sweater, takes out a switchblade from his pocket and points it a centimeter away from my neck. I gulp.

 "You've been quite the troublemaker, and my patience is running out. Now it's rather the knife or you be a good girl and give it up. Which one?" he threatened. Neither. Thinking of a way to get out of this situation, from my peripheral vision, I see a beer bottle on the ground next to me, close enough for me to reach. "Well?"he said, voice clear of annoyance. 

"I-I'll do it," I respond in a pathetic tone. 

"Good girl," the third man says, licking his lips. 

He takes the knife away from my neck and starts to rip my clothing. I quickly extended my hand towards the beer bottle, grab it, and smash it against his head full force. This catches him off guard, knocking him out completely. I quickly take his switchblade with my left hand and continue to hold the now broken beer bottle in my right threatening the other drunk men who cautiously get up and try to approach me. "Touch me, and I'll slash you, better yet, kill you if you try me," I snarl in a dark grim voice. Terrified, the two drunk men fled from the alleyway leaving their friend behind. A few minutes after they left, I dropped my weapons, turned towards the man I had knocked out, seeing he had blood on his forehead.  I turned back, running out of the alleyway back home. 

As soon as I got home, I locked the door behind me, took off my shoes, and rushed to my bathroom. I turned on my bathroom light, set my hands on the counter, and looked at myself in the mirror. I had a ripped sweater and t-shirt with a little blood on it (that wasn't mine) that shows part of my bra and dirty jeans. I then felt a wince of pain stinging in my side, and lifted up my shirt to find I have a big bruise on my side. Great. Just Great. I took off my messed up clothes, put them in a trash bag, then quickly turned on the shower, washing the dirty filth off my body. After getting my shower and changing into my pajamas, I laid on my bed thinking about what had happened tonight. You were followed by these three drunk men, they tried to hurt you, rape you. Luckily by the grace of God I was able to fight them off. *Sigh*  Should I report them to the police? No, it probably wouldn't make a difference, plus, police don't do crap around here. Let's just forget about it. Yeah, forget about it. Trying to erase the experience from my mind, I grab my phone off my drawer to check the time. 2:37 a.m. I should go to bed. I put my phone back, pull the covers over myself and drift off to sleep.