Chapter 16: Sweets & Cigarettes

- Y/N's POV -

Since Toriel was busy with her work and didn't have time to take care of Frisk, I decided to volunteer and take care of them. When I picked up Frisk, they insisted we go to the bakery and since I was hungry myself for some sweets, I agreed. So, currently that's where we're headed. I heard a !Ding!  from my phone as we were walking down the street. I took my phone out of my back pocket and checked my text messages, it was from G. 

Chill Skele Dude -  Sup doll, Toriel texted me that you're babysitting Frisk. Are you coming over?

Y/N - No, not exactly. We're heading to the bakery since Frisk and I have a craving for some sweets. 

Chill Skele Dude - Oh okay, have fun.

Y/N - You don't wanna come?

Chill Skele Dude - Mmm, I'm too lazy for that and besides, I don't really like sweets.

Y/N - Well if your not gonna join us, how 'bout I bring you a dessert back that's not too sweet for your tasting?

Chill Skele Dude - I guess so, but I doubt I'll probably like it.

Y/N - Is that a challenge? 6^6

Chill Skele Dude - Maybe, take it however you like. UwU

Y/N - Okay bet then. I'll find you a dessert you'll like, I promise. 

Chill Skele Dude - Heh heh. Don't make promises you can't keep doll.

Y/N - Trust me I will. 

Chill Skele Dude - Hmm alright then. Good luck.

Y/N - Thanks!

Chill Skele Dude - No problem.

I turned off my phone and looked down at Frisk. "Frisk, when we get to bakery we're not only going to get sweets for ourselves but G as well. Understand?" I ask. They nod their head in excitement and approval while smiling. I smile back. 

We had finally reached the bakery and entered inside the establishment, gathering the sweet and delicious smells around us. Frisk dragged me to the counter where all the pastries, delectables, and sweet treats were. "Woah! Hey, hey calm down Frisk!" I exclaim softly. They giggle pointing at all the sweets. I crouch down to their level and pat their head. "I see, I see. Why don't you pick out some desserts for yourself while I pick one out for G?" They nod vigorously, I smile. I stood back up looking for something that would shout out 'not sweet'. Since G doesn't like things that taste too sweet, perhaps I could get him a dessert that's fairly bitter but a tiny bit sweet. That's it. I got it. A dark chocolate dessert. As I was thinking, my thoughts were interrupted by the person behind the counter that appeared to be an employee of the bakery.

"Hi! Do you need help with anything?" she asks me as I was looking at the chocolate desserts.

"Yes actually, do you have any really dark chocolate, bittersweet desserts?" I ask her, a hand under my chin.

"Ah yes! Over here," she guided me. "These are our dark chocolate desserts, bittersweet. But, I'm guessing you're getting this for someone else right? No offense, it's just you don't seem like the type of person who likes their desserts rather bitter," she said honestly.