Chapter 22: Arcade

- Y/N's POV -

We had finally arrived at the mall. It was crowded, filled with humans and monsters, it was almost overwhelming. I looked around in awe, thinking of where to go or what to do. 

"So, what do you plan we do now?" G asks. I gave him a confused, determined look.

"We search," I said, grabbing his hand. "And find-- something-- where ever." 

"You not sure are ya' doll?" he chuckles. I raise a finger, then let it drop, not able to say anything.

"No, no I'm not ," I sigh. "But that means we can do anything! Let's improvise!" I optimistically state. "Anyways, onward!" I yank him forward, dragging him up the escalator. We hopped off the escalator after reaching the second floor, I continued to drag G behind me. As we were searching for something entertaining, I noticed other humans were looking at me with displeased unpleasant looks. I raised an eyebrow, confused. Why are they looking at me like that? I wondered. I turned my gaze towards G. 

"Hey G, how come people are looking at me disgusted?" I quietly whisper. He looks down at me as we kept walking.

"Probably cause your holding hands with a monster," he replies, giving me a slight smile. His pinpricks said otherwise. I slightly frowned. I gave his hand a light squeeze, then intertwined my fingers with his. 

"Well guess what," I grinned. "I don't mind holding hands with a monster. So they can look all they want." He lightly chuckles. 

"Heh, thanks doll."

"No problem," I said, giving him a reassuring smile. We then continued to walk until something out of peripheral vision immediately caught my eye. It was... an arcade! I brought my body to halt, as did G.

"Doll you alrigh--Whoa!" I yanked him towards my new found destination.

- G's POV -

She suddenly yanked me towards the entrance of an arcade. We came to a stop and I looked down at her, she was bubbly and excited. That's a first.

"They have an arcade! They have an arcade!" Y/N squealed with glee, jumping up and down.

"So you like video games huh? We can go inside if ya' want," I presume. Without a response, Y/N yanked me inside at a fast speed I wasn't able to comprehend. She looked around at the colorful lit arcade and pointed towards one of the car games like a child. I chuckled to myself.

"Ooh! Let's play that first!" she said, her voice filled with anticipation. 

"Alright doll, but we have to buy coins first." I pointed at the coin machine. 

"Right," she lightly chuckles. We walked over to the coin machine and I inserted a 20 dollar bill, receiving forty coins in return. 

"Here," I gave her thirty coins, keeping ten for myself. She looked down at the coins in her hand then mine. 

"Shouldn't it be even?" She asks, puzzled. 

"I'm not gonna play as many games, so I gave you most of them." I shrugged.

"Oh... okay." She put her coins in her pocket. "Let's go play some games then!" She smiles, grabbing my hand and guiding me towards the race car game. We both sat in our racer seats, putting a coin in our slots, waiting for the countdown. I grabbed my wheel as she gripped hers. "Ready to get your butt kicked?" she asks in a smug determined tone.