Chapter 32: Awkward

- G's POV -

"Ugh, fuck." I wake up with a throbbing headache rubbing at my temples, recalling only fragments of the events that unfolded last night. Shit, I thought groggily. I sit up halfway against the cushions, the warm blanket sliding off my chest. I rub the sleep from my sockets and blink a few times to capture view of light coming from down the hallway into the kitchen. My cheek throbbed with a slight sting, but that didn't matter to me at the moment. I stand up on my feet and take a few steps down the hallway only to accidently crash into the wall.

I wince under my breath, sucking in some air. I guess my brain isn't working just yet, huh? My eye coordination was a bit off, I'll admit that but it always happens after I'm drunk. I hear small footsteps scuff across the kitchen tiles onto the carpet.

"G, is that you?" Y/N calls out softly. She looks both ways before catching glimpse of me. "Ah, good morning." She was wearing new set of clothes. She must've went home and changed, I thought.

"Mornin'," I reply, my voice gruff and raspy in tone. She walks over to me and tugs my arm gently.

"Come on, let's get you to the table. I prepared breakfast," she grins. Her tone was sweet but her body language said otherwise. I follow behind her into the kitchen.

"Is Papyrus home?" I ask tiredly, settling down in my seat. She sets a down a plate of pancakes in front of me. I grab my fork and dig in. Citrus pancakes with brown sugar syrup. Heh, you don't taste something delicious like that everyday.

"Yeah, he's just upstairs sleeping," she responds, sitting down across the table. Y/N kept fiddling with her fingers on the table and readjusting her hoodie upon on her shoulders, not to mention the fact she kept biting her lip. I stop eating and put my fork down.

"You alright doll?"

She looks at me then quickly averts her eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine," she says, giving me a weak smile. No you're not. I sigh, rubbing the back of my neck and look at her.

"It's obvious you're not, doll," I begin. "Look, I---"

"It's okay G, I know you didn't mean it," Y/N retaliates, still not making eye contact with me. I stand up from my chair and bring it over next hers, sitting down in it once again. I easily use my foot to turn her chair towards mine. I wrap a finger around her chin and tilt her head up to my gaze. Her face was blank but her eyes said everything. Fear, regret, brokenness, and confusion. Now, I really felt like an asshole.

"Doll, please talk to me and I mean really talk to me," I plead softly. "I can't stand seeing you like this."

- Y/N's POV -

G plead that I speak to him, communicate about how I feel. I didn't necessarily want to because it felt humiliating in some sort of way and everytime I think about the events of last night I get more flustered than before and upset because I'm not sure how I feel or how to feel. So you could say, I'm an emotional, blushing trainwreck.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" I ask, already feeling a heat rise in my cheeks again for the fifth time this morning. G nods.

"Yeah. Bits and pieces of it to know that I screwed up," he complies, tone sounding nervously shameful. Then does he remember kissing me?

"G, I already told you it's fine. I know you didn't mean to do what you did, you were drunk," I explain, resting a hand on his arm.

"No, it's not fine. I should've known better than to do something like that to you, it hurt you did it not?" he responds. I scratch the back of my head, my eyes travelling to a different direction of the kitchen.

"You could say in a way that it hurt, yes, but it also felt... Weird," I conclude honestly. My eyes meet back with G's pinpricks and I blush a faint pink. His cheekbones light up a faint yellow hue. I shake my head and shake my hands in front of me. "No, no,no! I---I didn't mean it that way, I---"

"GOOD MORNING HUMAN, GOOD MORNING G!" Papyrus interrupts bursting into the kitchen causing me and G both to jump out of our seats.  "IT SMELLS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS IN HERE!" We both whip our heads around towards him, he falls silent for a slight second trying to comprehend the situation. "OH, I'M SORRY. DID I DISRUPT SOMETHING?" he asks. 

"No, of course not Papyrus!" I stand up from my chair and walk over to the counter grabbing the short stack of pancakes and set it on the table with fruits and syrup. "Here, have some breakfast, there citrus pancakes with brown sugar syrup and berries!" 

"YES PLEASE," Papyrus beams, settling down at the table quickly. I set the short stack of pancakes in front of him and he immediately digs in.

"Here you go then." A soft smile makes it way onto my lips but quickly falls as soon as it arrives. I feel an irritating stinging sensation in my neck, it rubbing under my cloth making it uncomfortable to turn my head too much. I clasp my hand on the side my neck under my hood and keep it there, pressing my fingers against the deep hickey to make it stop softly throbbing. I walk out of the kitchen without saying a word and go to the couch, sitting on it. 

I lean back into the couch rubbing at my neck and sigh, thinking about last night. My hand travels up from my neck to my jawline to my lips, still feeling the tingly sensation from last night lingering on them. I blush at the distinct thought, attempting to push the kiss we shared into the back of my mind, but of course it was difficult to phase away when constantly thinking about it. I kind of want to feel that feeling again... to feel his warm lips on mine---- No! No no no no no! Don't say or think things like that! He's your friend, nothing more, nothing less. Right?

I shook my head, my heart pulsing rather quickly. Dang it, why does he have to make me feel this way?!! Was it just because of the kiss? No, it's more than that...

"Doll?" 

"Gah!" I jump out of my seat and stand up quickly, settling my hands behind my back nervously, turning towards G with a simpering smile. "Heh heh... Hey G! Um, you okay?"

"I should be asking you that question," G bitterly chuckles. 

"Well don't worry, I'm fine," I smile. He walks up to me and raises a hand, caressing my cheek bone gently. I find my face growing warm again.

"You sure?" 

"Y-yes." 

G looks closely, his pinpricks focused on me. "Then what about your lip?" he asks firmly. I gulp. "Don't think I didn't notice in the kitchen. You kept biting your lip and fixing your hoodie, I know for a fact something's wrong."

"Okay fine, but can we not talk about this in the living room?" I mumble softly. "I don't want Papyrus to overhear this." 

"Sure," he replies. G grabs my hand and we teleport to his room. We both sit on opposite ends of the bed facing each other. I hesitate, fiddling with my fingers. 

"Before we start, what exactly do you remember from last night?" I ask shyly. G clasps his hand behind his neck, rubbing it slowly as he tries to think, a light blush taking over his cheekbones. 

- G's POV -

How can I exactly word this without sounding creepy or weird? We'll just find out. 

"Well, I...."

To be continued...