Chapter 2: Park Bench

- Y/N's POV - 

         When I arrived at the park, I saw families and friends of humans as well as a couple of monsters there to. Walking around a bit, I finally found an empty bench under two shady trees. Perfect, I thought. I walked to the bench, pulled out my phone from my back pocket, and put in one of my airpods turning it on to some music. I then opened the book I had purchased from the bookstore. As soon as I started to read a couple of pages, I noticed someone else had sat beside me from afar on my left. 

So I took a moment to look at them real quick, and to my surprise it was a skeleton. A living. Breathing. Skeleton. He had a black leather jacket with a dragon skull on each shoulder and a fluffy white hood, he was also wearing a light grey sweater, black pants with two silver chains on each side and black boots. His facial features were rather fascinating to me, he had a long crack that ran over his left eye and one that ran along the bottom of his right eye to the right side of his mouth, he had a strong L-shaped jaw bone and was very tall. He was probably 6'5 or 6'7 I'm guessing. 

Suddenly he turned his head towards me, raising a bone brow at me reluctantly asking, "Ya' done starin' doll?"  I blinked twice realizing I had stared too long.

 I immediately apologized, "Oh! I'm uh- sorry, I didn't mean to stare," I said looking down at my book, cheeks dusted pink from embarrassment. 

He chuckled lightly, "It's alright doll, I get that a lot." I kept my head down in silence until he continued to speak, quickly changing the subject, "So, beautiful day outside huh?" 

I didn't want to answer his question but at the same time I didn't want to be rude either so I unwillingly responded, "Y-yes very beautiful."

 "So, whatcha got their, a book?"

 "Oh-um-yes, it's a book about the war between humans and monsters." Crap why did I say that to him!?!! You didn't have to explain it!  

"Cool," he said calmly, readjusting his posture.

There was another pause of silence at its most between us until he was about to say something, only to be interrupted by a small kid in a purple and blue striped sweater running up towards him calling out his name."G, G, G!" they yelled.

"What is it kiddo?"

 "Come play with me, Papyrus, Alphys, and Undyne!" 

"Alright kiddo but lemme finish my little chat with this pretty lady first, kay'?" The comment broke my concentration, and I quickly turned to look at "G" with wide eyes and light blush, P-p-pretty lady!?!! Oh please, I thought sarcastically doubtful, slightly frowning. Besides, I'm only wearing a f/c hoodie with blue jeans and black converses. How do I look pretty? 

The kid nodded an okay to G and ran back towards the group of monsters. I didn't want to continue our conversation and G to keep the kid waiting, so I decided to grab my stuff, getting ready to leave. 

He saw this and asked me, "Ya' leavin' doll?"

 "Uh-yes," I said, nervously.

"Welp, it was nice talkin' to ya', hope to see you again," he said, giving me lazy charming smile.

  I hope not, this is already out way of my comfort zone and I'm not used to talking to people and in this case monsters.  "Um- yeah nice talking to you too ... bye!" I shout, speed walking out of the park, anxious to get back home.