Chapter 23: Staying the Night

- Y/N's POV -

We walked around the mall's plaza square. I looked up to the roof top windows to see the sky was a dark navy blue, showing tiny stars. We went down the escalator to the first floor and exited out the front doors. I noticed G was silent as we were walking.

"Hey G, you alright?" I ask, my voice catching his attention.

"Oh-um yeah I'm fine, just tired that's all," he validates.

"Come on let's get you home," I said, gently tugging his jacket sleeve.

"My home or your home?" he asks, confused.

"Your home of course. Unless, you don't want to..." I dragged out. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. Why did I say that?

"My home's too far away, so might as well stay for the night," he admits. "I'll just text Paps I'm staying at your place for the night."

"A-alright then, let's go." I walk ahead of G slightly. 

We arrived at my apartment. I unlocked the door with my keys and opened it, walking through it. G walked in as well and set himself on the couch. I walked to the living room and observed G from the couch. Geez, playing all the those games and dragging him around must've been exhausting huh? 

"So... do you need anything?" I ask. He gave out a tired sigh.

"Just sleep," he said, re-adjusting himself on the couch. 

"Alright. Well I'm gonna take a shower, okay?"

"Kay," he sighs. I headed off to my room and shut the door. I took out my pajamas and set them on my bathroom counter and turned on my shower heads. I undressed myself and put my clothes in the laundry basket in my closet. I put my hair up in a ponytail, hopped into the shower, and lathered myself with soap body wash. After twenty minutes of taking a shower, I turned it off wrapping a towel around myself. I dried myself off and moisturized my skin with lavender honey lotion, then put on my pajamas.

 I dried myself off and moisturized my skin with lavender honey lotion, then put on my pajamas

 I released my h/l h/c hair from it's ponytail hairstyle and opened the door. 

I walked back to the living to see if G was still awake, so he could get a shower. "Hey G, you awake?" 

"Yeah," he said gruffly. I grabbed his arm hauling him up gently.

"Time for your bath then," I gesture, pulling him to my bathroom. G shot me a confused look. "Don't worry, I won't be in there with you-- you'll be by yourself. So don't get the wrong idea." He nods. I pulled out an oversized set of black pajamas out of my dresser with black boxers. "Here." I gave him the clothes and a towel.

"Thanks." I nod a 'mhm'. He headed into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I heard the shower run and hopped on my bed. I opened a book, science fiction. Thirty minutes or so, G came out of the bathroom in his new pajamas, steam gliding across the ceiling. I looked up from my book at G then reverted my eyes back down.

 "You look nice. You can put the dirty clothes in the laundry basket, it's in the bathroom closet. I'll wash your clothes in the morning." He did as told, returning back to the closet in the bathroom then bedroom door. I noticed he was exiting out of my room. "What are you doing?"

"Going back to sleep on the couch," he replied smoothly. Not on my watch. I closed my book and put it in my drawer. 

"No you're not," I assert, getting off my bed. "You're not sleeping on the couch." 

"It's fine dove."

"We slept together earlier for a nap, what makes it different now?" 

"I just thought you wouldn't want me in your bed for the night, because y'know..."

"G. I know you wouldn't do something like that, nor would I think of you doing something like that." 

"Well I'm glad you don't think that, but I'm a monster... you're a human..." he said, holding his head slightly down. I put my hands on my hips in a firm manner, displeased at G's comment.

"And? You think that makes me think of you any less? Come on G, you know me better than that." He held his expression in a neutral, sad manner. I sighed and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down into a hug. "G you might be a monster, but your my monster. I know you wouldn't hurt anyone or me, not on purpose. I know you, they don't. And if you think humans glaring at me is gonna change my mind about us being friends, than you're sadly mistaken," I clarified. "Got it?" 

He nodded into the hug like a child. He nuzzled his skull into my neck, causing me to blush a little. Then next thing I know, my legs are swept beneath me, my body in the hold of G arms. "G-G!?! P-put me down!!" I exclaim, flushed. He sat down on the bed, hugging me from behind. He nuzzled his skull into my neck again, giving out a small hum of satisfaction. I went silent and gave out a happy sigh, chuckling a bit. "You're such a child." 

"Only with you dove," he said lifting his head up. I turned my head to the side to look at G, we both gazed into each other's eyes. I lifted my hand, touching the side of his face, he melted in my touch like a cute animal, instead of stopping my movement. I came closer and gave him a peck on the cheek, then retreated back. G blushed a light yellow. 

"A goodnight kiss," I told him. Before he could say anything, I crawled out of his lap and went to my side of the bed, getting underneath the covers. I turned off the lights. "Goodnight G." I heard G position himself in the sheets, turning over.

"Goodnight-- doll."