Chapter 25: Hospital

- Y/N's POV -

My eyes flutter open to a blinding, blurry white light. I blink a few times to adjust my vision, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. When everything isn't so blurry anymore, I sit up feeling an awful amount of pain in my abdomen and right arm, along with a major headache. Even so, I take a few minutes to comprehend my surroundings, revealing a hospital room. I make a confused expression and look down at myself realizing I was in a hospital gown, a bed, and had an IV in my arm. I look up at the ceiling, closing my eyes, and push my hair back. I heavily sigh, slightly both annoyed and frustrated. Great, I'm in a hospital, I thought. I hear movement beside me and look to my left. G was sleeping in a chair, his head hung low with his arms comfortably crossed, his leg angling over the other. He wasn't wearing his leather jacket, it hung on the back of the chair he was in. My face expression fell soft. I faintly smile and shake my head. 

G seemed to stir awake, when he heard me move again. He re-adjusted his posture and gave me a soft smile. 

"Hey doll. So... how ya' feelin'?" he asks softly.

"Like crap to be honest with you," I chuckle lightly. G frowns, sighing.

"I shouldn't have let you go up against Undyne at all," G complained, his expression showing guilt. "I should've said somethin'." He rubbed his hand across his skull, hesitant.

"It's not your fault G, I decided to fight Undyne and I got my ass beat. It's fine," I state, shrugging. 

"Yeah but--- she hurt you really  bad and I wasn't able to stop it," he argues, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sorry."

I sighed. "G come here," I said, extending my hand. He got up from his seat, I gently tug his hand, pulling him down beside me on the hospital bed. I look him into his pinpricks, serious. "G, I chose to spar and ended up getting myself hurt. There was nothing you could do about it. It wasn't your fault, it was mine, so stop blaming yourself for something you couldn't control. Okay?" I briefly establish. He nods. "Good." I smile.

"But doll I---" I put my finger up to his lips, shooshing him. 

"Nope, don't say anymore. I just wanna enjoy the silence," I whisper, wincing a little while closing my eyes. "Plus, my head really hurts so that's another reason." He gave out a small sigh. I open one eye noticing G was staring at me, I then open the other. "What?" He cups my hand in his and kisses the inside of my palm, looking me directly in the eyes. I feel my face heat up a bright red. I pull my hand back, securing it close to my chest. "W-what was that for?" 

"You didn't want me to talk, so it's an apologetic gesture," he comforts. To avoid his gaze, I looked at the wall in front of me. I stayed silent for a few moments, feeling my heart thump against my chest. My breath had quickened slightly, my face still bright red, my mind thinking. Sometimes the things he does makes me feel strange. I don't get it, I don't want to, but I also do want to. I took a quick glance at G, realizing his concerned expression. I couldn't stand the awkward silence. To make it no less awkward, I spoke again. 

"So... are the others still here?" I ask. 

"It was getting late so they went home, I decided to stay here just in case you woke up," he affirms. I felt a twinge of guilt. Because of my injury, G stayed in the hospital by my side, despite the other things he has to do. *Sigh* Idiot.