Chapter 7: Dinner at a friends house

- Y/N's POV - 

After "the falling situation," I was highly embarrassed about how I wasn't able to get down by myself without "additional" help. Trying to pry myself out of this awkward situation, I decided to change the subject. "Hey, what time is it?" 

G pulled out his phone from his back pocket and checked the time, "It's 5:39 p.m., got plenty of time," he conferred, putting his phone back in his pocket. 

"How about we go get something to eat 'cause I'm hungry," Undyne suggests. 

"G-g-good i-idea U-u-undyne!" Alphys added. 

"IT IS RATHER LATE, SO INSTEAD OF GOING OUT, WHY DON'T WE GO BACK TO I AND MY BROTHER'S PLACE, WHERE I THE GREAT PAPYRUS, CAN MAKE YOU ALL A HOMEMADE MEAL OF SPAGHETTI," Papyrus pridefully suggested.

"I guess, but wouldn't that be a hassle for you Papyrus?" I ask.

 "NONSENSE HUMAN, I THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE DONE THIS PLENTY OF TIMES BEFORE FOR ALL MY FRIENDS,"  Papyrus remarked.

"Okay, but quick question... how are we gonna get to your place? Toriel was the only one with transportation," I confirmed matter-of-factly. 

"That's easy, I can get us there," G said, "Everybody hold hands." I wanted to ask why but stopped myself from doing so. G extended his left hand to Frisk and his right to me, which I took, while Papyrus grabbed my right hand, with Undyne, and Alphys connecting hands as well.

 "Now close your eyes and whatever you do, don't let go," he told me. 

I closed my eyes, and for a quick moment I could no longer feel the ground beneath me, like I was floating. It felt strange. Then I felt the ground under my feet once again. When I opened my eyes, I saw a huge house in front of me, but felt an overwhelming nausea come over me to the point where I lost my balance. G quickly caught me with his arm, wrapping it around waist to sustain my balance. 

"A warning would've been nice thank you," I sarcastically remark, nauseous. 

"Heh sorry," he laughed nervously, guiding me towards the house with the others already heading inside.

Once we got inside, G walked me towards the living room to the couch and set me down.

 "Thank you," I said, adjusting myself comfortably against the cushions. 

"No problem," G sighs, exhaustingly plopping himself on the couch next to me, but a cushion away. Since Undyne, Alphys, and Frisk were in the kitchen with Papyrus, it was just G and I in the living room. "Oh yeah, doll," G scooted towards me.

"Yeah G." I turn his direction. At this point he was closer to me, than I had expected, which took me back a bit. He looked towards the direction of the kitchen then back at me, whispering, "Papyrus, can't exactly, well... cook. So be prepared alright?" 

"Ummm... okay," I reluctantly faltered. 

After our little short chat we watched the tv for an hour or so, until we heard Papyrus's voice from the kitchen, "G, HUMAN! COME TO THE TABLE WITH THE REST OF US, THE SPAGHETTI IS READY!" 

"Coming Paps!" G shouted, getting up from the couch, as I followed behind. As we entered the kitchen, I was met by a strong smell of burnt spaghetti sauce and iron pots, which made me wince a little at the smell. I sat at the table with the others, it was then Papyrus sat down a plate of spaghetti in front of me. "NYEH HEH HEH ENJOY HUMAN!" Papyrus exclaimed happily. 

"Don't you mean, bone appetite, aayyyyeee," G jokes while winking, pointing finger guns at his brother.

Papyrus grumbles and gives his brother a quick glare, but returns back to his cheerful manner. Undyne rolled her eyes, while Alphys and Frisk giggled under their breaths. I managed to smirk a little at the pun G had thrown Papyrus's way. I then looked down at the plate of spaghetti in front of me. I took a deep breath, grabbed my fork, twisted the spaghetti around it, and put in my mouth. Welp, here goes nothing, but possibly my stomach, I thought. Undyne, Alphys, Frisk, and G all began eating as well, but had their gazes on me as I took a forkful of spaghetti to eat. As I was chewing, some of the spaghetti noodles were a bit undercooked, the tomato sauce was burnt, and had other things in it. I think it possibly had glitter in it? Now I could see what G was talking about. On the other hand, Papyrus seemed extremely happy at the fact that I was eating his ''delicious'' food for the first time.

 "WELL HOW IS IT HUMAN? DO YOU LOVE IT?" Papyrus asks excitedly, his hands clasped together. 

I managed to swallow a few forkfuls of spaghetti down before answering. "It's great Papyrus, truly indescribable," I give him a weak smile, while holding my thumbs up. G snickers but holds in his laughter.

"NYEH HEH HEH, I KNEW YOU WOULD LOVE MY EXCELLENT COOKING," he exclaimed, his glove over his chest in a heroic stance. 

Several moments later, after his ranting, Papyrus decided to leave the kitchen, causing everyone, including me, to rush to the trash can and throw away the spaghetti on their plates, put it in the dishwasher, and rush back to the table. 

After a few minutes, Papyrus returned to kitchen with iris's like stars as he saw we had all "eaten" his spaghetti, "WOWIE, PERHAPS I SHOULD PREPARE MORE SPAGHETTI FOR EVERYONE."

 I got up quickly raising my hands in front of myself, shaking my head vigorously, "NO! I mean-- no. Papyrus the first serving was enough to make us all full," I establish in a frantic tone. 

Everyone vigorously nodded their heads in agreement. "Yeah bro, you gave us a good cooked homemeal, and besides it's time to take the kiddo home," G complies. 

"HMM ALRIGHT," Papyrus approved. We all took a sigh of relief, "BUT DO BE CAREFUL." 

"I will bro," G confirmed. 

Frisk hopped out of their chair, walked towards G grabbing his hand to lead him towards the door, and said goodbye to Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, and I. When Frisk and G left, everyone else headed to the living room to watch tv, but that didn't last long because after an hour and 30 minutes Undyne and Alphys left saying their bids to Papyrus and I, leaving just the two of us. I felt rather awkward, and decided I should go home because I didn't want to overdue my visit. "Hey Papyrus," I turn my vision to him.

 "YES HUMAN," he said turning his gaze from the tv to me.

 "Since it's pretty dark I should head home," I mention. 

"OF COURSE, BUT ARE YOU SURE ABOUT WALKING HOME BY YOURSELF THIS LATE,  IT'S DANGEROUS," Papyrus questions with a worried expression.

 "I'll be fine, plus, I have my phone with me to call for help if needed," I assure him.

 "HMM OKAY," he said. 

I got up from the couch and starting walking towards the door before facing Papyrus as he followed. "Thanks for dinner tonight Papyrus, I really enjoyed it," I said, half-way through the doorway. "Oh and don't forget to tell G I said thank you as well." 

"YOUR WELCOME HUMAN, AND OF COURSE I SHALL TELL MY BROTHER. SAFE TRAVELS," he happily waves me goodbye. I said goodbye as well, and exited the house fully walking a bit further down the street before stopping to check my phone to see what time it was. It's 10:50 p.m., I should probably get home as quick as possible before the creeps come out of the shadows and start supposedly "stocking the streets."