Chapter 35: Tired Feelings

- G's POV -

Driving home was complete and utter silence. I honestly wish I had of said something, but, what could I say after what happened? I dropped Y/N off at her place and went home to mine. After getting into my pajamas, I couldn't go to sleep. I was up all night thinking about the party, the events that unfolded. Everything was just fine until that Liam guy came around. I knew their was something about him that my soul deeply didn't like, but I chose to ignore it and it ended up affecting Y/N.

I lay back first in my bed, arms behind my head as I stare at the ceiling, thinking. Is it a shame that even though we're just "friends" I want to kiss her again? To have her in my hold more lovingly than friendly? 

My thoughts are broken with a loud knock at my door before it's swung open. 

"BROTHER, WAKE UP YOU LAZY BONES--- OH, YOU'RE ALREADY AWAKE," Papyrus vacillates.

"Yeah, I am," I sigh. I hear Papyrus trudge over to the edge of my bed, sitting. 

"IS THERE SOMETHING THAT IS TROUBLING YOU BROTHER?" he asks. I sit up, rubbing my tired sockets.

"I--- It's complicated," I sigh, frowning.

"WELL, TRY TO EXPLAIN IT AS BEST AS YOU CAN!" Paps prodes, optimistic. A corner of my mouth lifts up in reply at his positivity. 

"Alright, I'll try. Y'know after Y/N and I left the party last night because of that incident?" I inquire. 

"YES, YOU EXPLAINED SHE WAS ATTACKED BY SOMEONE AT THE PARTY SO THAT IS WHY YOU TWO LEFT," he answers.

"Exactly, and uh, afterwards... Hah... How am I supposed to say this?" I chuckle nervously, running a hand over my skull. "We... kissed?"

Paps pinpricks turn into stars, him jumping up and down in excitement. "YOU KISSED HER?! WOWIE, GOOD JOB BROTHER! I KNEW IT! I'VE GOT TO TELL UNDYNE AND ALPHYS AND FRISK!" He rushes off the bed so fast, making me alert.

"Paps wait you don't understand!" I jump out of bed and grab his arm stopping him. He stops and turns to me, my face expression bleak. "It--- It was a mistake. It was just in the moment, it meant nothing, so please don't tell anyone. Okay?" I let go of his arm and gives me a look that I can't exactly describe, but I can tell in some way he seems disappointed and sad. 

"ALRIGHT SANS, I WON'T." 

We sit back on the bed and I hesitate to respond on what comes next. 

"IF THE KISS MEANT NOTHING THEN WHY ARE YOU SO STRESSED BROTHER?"

"Because I want to believe it meant nothing, but I know it meant something, at least ta' me it did," I sigh. 

"IF THAT'S SO THEN HOW DOES SHE MAKE YOU FEEL?" he asks.

"Gosh Paps. She makes me feel... special. I love everything about her. Her blunt, quiet, awkward, fiery, stubborn, kind personality. Her smiles to her chuckles and laughter. I can't get enough of her honestly," I gush, not realizing I'm smiling like an idiot. 

"BROTHER YOU'RE BLUSHING," Paps chuckles. 

"To be honest, for the first time in my life, I don't care," I sigh happily, holding my head in my palm. 

"IT APPEARS THAT YOU CLEARLY LOVE HER SANS," Papyrus smiles. 

"I guess so, but how am I supposed to tell her without her freaking out? I don't want our friendship to end nor do I want her to step out of my life completely if she gets afraid and backs out," I explain. "I know how she is Paps and sometimes it worries me."