Chapter 4: Grillby's

2 weeks later ~

    - Y/N's POV - 

As I walked down the streets, I felt hungry, so I decided to go grab a bite to eat. I soon found a restaurant called, Grillby's, and entered the place, only to realize it was all monster oriented. When I entered, all the monsters stopped their conversations and turned their heads to look at me, making me feel extremely uncomfortable, but I kept my poker face and walked to the barstool, making everyone go back to normal. As I sat waiting for a few minutes in my seat, a man made of fire approached me. 

"Hello my name is Grillby, what would you like to order today?" he said with a warm crackly voice. 

"What do you have on the menu?" I ask. 

"We have multiple choices but the most popular are the hamburgers and fries," Grillby said.

"I'll take the fries thank you," I replied politely thanking him. He nodded, writing my order on his notepad, and headed to the kitchen. After a moment or two later, he came back out of the kitchen with my fries and set them in front of me. I thanked him once again, and he nodded returning to his work. As I was about to dig into my fries, I heard the door swing open and someone walk in. I didn't bother to look at them because I was hungry, so I took a few fries and stuffed them in my mouth, enjoying the delicious taste. 

I noticed the stranger had sat two barstools from me in my peripheral vision, which made me feel weird supposedly for some reason. "Heya' Grillbs, still smokin' hot I see?" He chuckles.

"Nice to see you again G, but are you ever going to pay your tab off?" Grillby asked in slight frustration. 

Wait? G?  Wasn't he the skeleton monster from two weeks ago that I'd met at the park?

"Someday Grillbs, someday," he said in a smooth tone.

 Grillby sighed heavily, "The regular I'm guessing?" 

"Yep," G said popping the "p" sound.

 Grillby once again disappeared back into the kitchen. When I noticed G shift his seat my direction, I pulled my hood up over my head, hoping he wouldn't recognize or even acknowledge me. 

Please don't recognize me. Pleasepleasepleaseplea- "Hey don't I know ya' from somewhere doll?"Shit.

"No, I don't think so," I confer, pulling my hood further down over my head.

He raised a bonebrow at me reluctantly, "Ya' sure? 'Cause I remember meeting ya' at the park two weeks ago." Damn it.

 "Uh yeah I guess," I chuckle nervously. "Your names G right?" 

"The one n' only, and yours?" he said with a charming smile, extending his hand.

 "Y/N," I introduce, shaking his hand politely. I looked down real quick at our shaking hands, when I noticed he had a large hole in his hand, but I chose not to stare, and ignored it. I look back up to meet his gaze.

Then Grillby came out of his kitchen and placed G's meal down in front of him, "Thanks Grillbs."

 "Mhmm," Grillby replied in a monotone voice, walking away back to his work. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, G and I conversated for a while, making me feel more relaxed. He started to crack jokes and puns that made me laugh a bit. "Well, I relish the fact that you have mustard enough strength to ketchup on things," I remark,  smirking.

G chuckles, "Nice one doll. And I'll take that as a condiment."

"Whatever you say," I chuckle lightly.

 Soon enough I had smiled without noticing it. "You have pretty smile," he said, looking at me with that charming smile of his. I then quickly hid my smile with my hand, blushing madly. 

"W-whatever. Anyways I-um gotta go," I stutter, quickly hopping off my seat. I leave my money on the counter. 

"Wait doll before you go, can I have your phone number? I lost mine," he asked, with a nervous chuckle. I might as well, but he probably won't contact me. I doubt it. 

"Uh-sure, here you go," I said writing my number on a piece of paper, then handing it to him.

 "Thanks doll," G said, looking at the piece of paper.

 "No problem." I wave him goodbye, exiting out of the restaurant.