𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝘄𝗼: Captain's Date

OCTOBER 2014

Months had passed since what happened in Washington DC, Braedey had returned home to Seattle as more HYDRA cells are destroyed around the world, and SHIELD started to rebuild after most of their agents died or were working for HYDRA. But it didn't matter now. Braedey could finally kick back and relax, and focus on other things too.

~*~*~

One night, Braedey wanted to get a tattoo since he was what he calls himself a "True-Blooded Alpha", someone who became an alpha solely by the strength of their character, their virtue and sheer willpower. However, Scorcher and Sheeva were busy, and Jennifer was now moving in with Ken. Carol surprisingly volunteered to take him to get his tattoo and to catch up with each other.

Since Carol had come back to Earth, she had caught up with both Maria and Monica Rambeau, and got introduced to a load of new things she had never heard of in her absence including that of Facebook, Twitter, the Internet (which is much faster then it was in 1995), and a bunch of other things.

"Boy. It's a good thing you drew me a picture." The tattoo artist comments as he looked at a drawn picture of some flame decal. He then lowered it to reveal Braedey sitting on the chair, who smiled in response.

Carol now showed the shapeshifter a design, a picture of a lizard. "Hey, Braedey, you sure you don't want something like this?" She asked.

Braedey just shook his head as the tattoo artist sat next to the teenager, ready to do the tattoo. "No. Not really, Carol. I'm happy with what I've chosen."

"Okay, if you say so. But why those?" Carol asked with interest.

"It speaks to me of strength. The tattoo means something, right?" Braedey pointed out as he turned to the tattoo artist.

"Kid's got a point there." The tattoo artist told the cosmic Avenger. "Tattooing goes back thousands of years. The Tahitian word "Tatua" means "To leave a mark." Like a right of passage of sorts."

"Oh, now I see why." Carol nodded her head, understanding the meaning.

The tattoo artist then looked at Braedey, holding the tattoo gun. "Okay, you ready? You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" He asked.

Braedey shook his head. "No. I'm all good. Go and do your thing."

The tattoo artist turned on the tattoo gun, and he began to draw the design on Braedey's left upper arm. Carol scratched her chin as she watched her friend get his tattoo.

"I tend to get a little squeamish though, so....." Carol suddenly trailed off at the sight of the needle, and fainted, falling to the ground, the tattoo artist and Braedey looking on with surprise on their faces.

'Guess she doesn't like needles.' Braedey thought to himself in mild amusement.

~*~*~

The two heroes walked out of the tattoo shop a little while later. Carol had made a full recovery from her fainting incident, and Braedey had his tattoo done which is now covered in white stuff so it dries off.

"You okay?" Carol asked to Braedey.

"Kinda burns a little." Braedey answered. "But I've taken shots from a point-blank range fusion cannon."

"Yeah, you just had your skin stabbed about 100,000 times with a needle." Carol told him as an idea suddenly popped into her mind, she then puts her hand on the bandage where the tattoo was. "Here, let me."