𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆: A Cybertronian's Rage [Transformers: Civil War 2016]

ONE MONTH LATER....
4TH JUNE 2016

One month had passed since the mission in Lagos, and there was still no response from the Avengers as Braedey had stepped up his patrols around the world, flying as Starscream, Soundwave or Dreadwing, and swimming as Titanus, Hammerstrike, and Octopunch to ensure things were in order. Braedey was now waiting for any action that would lead to war. It was imminent. The signs were everywhere.

The news from Lagos was still playing, even after a month as the shapeshifter was out on a drive in his Devel Sixteen through Seattle as the radio was playing the news.

"I think the Avengers should be controlled, be kept in check." One of the news hosts states. "They have no legal authority to operate in the foreign nations and yet they cross international borders, just to chase criminals."

"But what about Transformer, he's probably the most powerful hero on the planet. He's setting an example that the Avengers should follow. Seattle is his territory." The other news host switched topic. "He only leaves the country to go on patrol to ensure everything is in order, or to fight an Alpha level threat."

Not wanting hear anything else relating to the Avengers or Lagos, Braedey switched radio stations to one where it was playing actual music, like Rascal Flatts' "Life is a Highway", the atmosphere in the car now changing into peace and harmony, just like outside in Seattle. But deep down, Braedey knew that the peace wouldn't last any longer; he decided to enjoy the last moments of peace before the inevitable war was upon him.

Suddenly, Braedey's internal Comms began to ring as he immediately answered it and picked up it'a only just Sheeva and Scorcher. "Hello?"

"Braedey, Scorcher and I had just tapped into one of your bugs that you placed at the Avengers compound. You better pull over, and sit down for this." Emily told him.

Braedey pulled the vehicle over at the side of the road, the windows tinting to black as a holoscreen appeared in front of the dashboard, the screen moan showing a meeting between the Avengers and Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my batting swing." Ross explained as he stood in front of the large screen with his arms in a position as if he was playing golf. "Turned out, it was the best round of my life because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass. I found something 40 years in the army never taught me - perspective."

Braedey watched on with interest, he wanted to see where this conversation was going.

"The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You've fought for us. Protected us. Risked your lives. While a great many people see you as heroes. There are some who would prefer the word vigilantes." Ross stated to the Avengers.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha asked.

"How about dangerous? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals, who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind them." Ross then stepped back as footage was then shown of the battles in the countries the Avengers had fought in. "New York. Sydney. Washington DC. Sokovia. Lagos." Ross said as the footage switched. Even Braedey's first fight against Masterson was shown.

Wanda looked away as what was once her home was being destroyed by Ultron. Steve noticed this. "Okay. That"s enough."

"For the past four years, you operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the worlds can no longer tolerate." Ross tells the Avengers. "But I think we have a solution." He then passed a large folder to Wanda. "The Sokovia Accords."