32

Quiet morning are indeed a luxury one that unfortunately I did not get to have today .

A loud bang of the door startled me awake and I reached for the sword I kept under my bed .

I waited to see if I was just imagining things , when another loud knock was repeated. I had shorts on and a large graphic tee that I stole from Hunter but you have to remember I'm a woman living on her own .
I yell " who is it ." Not seeing any signs that it was Hunter who must have left early that morning.

"Aja come on hurry up and open the door I don't have all day" a feminine voice replied on the other side .

It was my mother .
I signed and opened the door only for a large man to also come into view.

Matthew I roll my eyes and let them inside holding the sword on my shoulder .

My mother who is lightly dusted with rain wipes off her jacket and slicks back her bun to make sure everything is in place .

She smiles and reaches her arms out .

"Momma " I say as I go in for a hug .

As much as our relationship is strained she is my mother and it's been weird not having her around.

Sometimes I felt like I was the mother or I was the older sister while she worked all the time I took care of the house and school work ect .

They weren't dressed for the small amount of rain we had going .

Matthew reached his arms out as if expecting a hug as well .
I hesitated .

It's fine for her to question my boyfriend but when I have questions about her boy toy I'm told it's strictly professional,or something like that.

I go for a quick pat as I wasn't too comfortable going for a full hug but it was enough.

I backed away and invited them for coffee.

"So what brings you"
I ask .

She looked at Matthew "Well we would like to sit down and talk about moving . "
She said .

I scrunched my face .

"I've got school stuff and a job and - " I was cut off mid sentence by my mother who raised her hand

"You're not going anywhere ". She said "me and Matt well he has a house across seas and you know I can transfer "

I start to drown out her speech.

She's leaving me and dad and the man who is basically her father .

Am I selfish for wanting her to stay close .

"AJA are you even listening " Matthew raising his voice just a bit . But even that made me slightly pissed off .

I looked my mother in the eye " how long have you known this man . " I ask

She sighed "For some time now Aja ,aren't you being a bit dramatic "
I bite the inside of my mouth.

I smile I'm not sure what I should say 'leave your only child to go to the other side of the world , have fun and see you at thanksgiving. '

I look at her and I bring her close " whatever you feel like doing I'm fine with just don't forget about me . " I whispered .

She laughed "why would I forget about my only kid ?"

"And anyway we were just thinking about it nothing is set in stone " I nodded .

And looked at the time .

"I gotta get ready for class "

She and Matt left but before Matt closed the door I asked him a question.

" do you love my mother ?"

The look in his face was one I recognized and it was the same look Hunter had when I broke down in front of him , " yeah I do" he whispered.

"Don't worry I'll take care of your mom, I know I can't replace your father and I'm not trying to I just have really strong feelings about your mom so gimme a chance " I looked up at him and nodded my head closing the door behind him .

Shit dude .

I'm an adult yet I feel like a small child it's always just been me and her .

Or I guess just me .

——————————————————————————-

Sorry for the late and short update I didn't really plan this book out so I'm writing what comes to mind , if you have any ideas to stir the pot for some drama I'd love to hear it as of right now I'm kinda stuck 😅

Thanks for the support <3