16

: 

:
  .
      .
.*
    *

Moms gonna like him , he's perfect why wouldn't she like him.
Deep breaths in.
He's the most perfect gentleman sure he's a little rough around the edges but under all that manliness he's a teddy bear.
Deep breath's out .

That and it's only lunch so everything should go by super smoothly .
I look over to Hunter as he puts on a white button down shirt and some black pants and dress shoes .

Head fucking empty I thought this man couldn't get anymore fine but I was wrong ,my mistake .

I look at my white sundress and the black pumps I have on ,
I didn't really feel like doing much to my hair so it sits comfortably on my head in a bun.
I did my makeup and put on a warm nude lipgloss and grabbed the purse I only use if I need to look fancy.
It's my mother I have to show her that I'm a well adjusted adult with a handsome boyfriend and a beautiful grade point average.

I also grab the slim black frames on my dresser .

I'm nervous what if my mom doesn't like him and forbids me to see him like in the movies .
I'm clearly overthinking think I mean what's not to love.
I feel arms wrap around my waist and the smell of cigarettes engulfs me. I like that his smell has a mix of coffee i don't know it's hard to explain but I love it on him .
I turn to him and put my face into his neck making sure I'm carful about my makeup, I don't want to get it on his shirt .

" what's wrong baby" he asks me I huff a little because I have to explain how I've never had a boyfriend and I especially never had to introduce him to my mother.
" I'm just scared she's gonna chase you away or something, my mom can be really intimidating ."
I look up at him and he has a smirk on his face like I just told him a dick joke.
" Aja nothing could possibly scare me away not even your mom." He says proudly .

I smile at him he's so perfect.
I bring him down a little to my level and kiss him hard and long .
When I end the kiss his ears have turned red and we're both slightly out of breath .
I take a napkin and while the lipstick off of his lips .
I check the time and grab his hand.

" alright then tough guy are you ready."

"Of course." He replied.

   . .
   .   

As we walk into the restaurant hand in hand with Hunter and I search for my mother .
A waiter greets us and I tell her the reservation name .
We weave through tables his hand tight in mine as I am not fond of crowded spaces.
  Once there my mother stands to greet us and I hug my mother tight .
  I love her to death , sure she's strict and has high expectations but she only wants what's best for me .
She can be silly and spastic and a little on the crazy side when you get to know her and she's not working of course but at least my childhood wasn't boring.
    "Ugh, Aja I've missed you so much kiddo." She expressed.
She's dressed fairly casual in some skinny jeans a white blouse and peach blazer .
   Her hair sits high in a sophisticated bun .
I smile as I breath her in . As long as I could remember she always smelled like an expensive perfume I can never remember the name of , but it's comforting .
  I hold her a little longer , I've gone a long time without a mother hug , some of the best affection you can get .
     I let her go and kiss her four head.
I go back around the table and Hunter holds out his hand and a warm smile on his face .
  " hello my name is Hunter it's a pleasure to meet you formally."  He expressed.
   I'm sorry but dapper Hunter makes me drool , the suit the well tailored speech ughh gush .
   A warm heat takes to my cheeks .
  My mother shakes his hand firmly.
       But she too has a warm smile on her face  .
I can see the wheels turning in her head .
     She clears her throat " it's an honor to meet you formally as well Hunter my name is Oriana."
  I'm bouncing in my seat and the only thing in my head is "this is going well ,this is going well "

    We look at our menus and Hunter points to something . I almost jump out of my chair in excitement,  they have the stuffed breaded ravioli that I absolutely adore, I've decided that I will get green tea and that .
     Hunter gets a well done steak with cut potatoes and green beans, and my mother gets multi veggie soup .
  I'm excited Hunter got some fries because he knows I love them .
     My mother and I make small talk while Hunter observed every now and then answering a question my mother threw at him.
   Although when she asked where his family was he was hesitant to answer to with I insisted that he didn't need to ,sometimes family is a sensitive topic.
  Once our food arrived my mom relaxed a little bit falling more into her silly skin .
   She told Hunter stories about when I was a child and how I would have fake court with my dolls , she was for sure I would follows in her footsteps but I chose my fathers path instead.
      He lightly teased me and pinched my cheeks telling me how adorable I was and I often looked embarrassed but I'm glad their getting along .
   "So Hunter. What are u majoring in , if you don't minds me asking ." My mother asked as she dipped her bread in her soup.
    "I'm actually a business major."  He answered .
I smile wide I'm proud of him " I want to start a chain of business that help low income families, homeless shelters and hopefully reduce the amount of struggling families." He answered proudly .
   My mother raised an eyebrow and asked how he planed doing start .
   " well after I get my first degree in business I'll achieve my second one in Real estate. And hopefully build from there ." It's a big idea full of what if's and long shots but I believe we're here on earth to make it better for everyone ."

     Before my mother gives her response the waiter comes back and asks if we're ready for our check , me and my mother both pull out our cards as Hunter shakes his head profusely and pays for the entire meal .

    I hate and love when he does that I mean I don't like him spending money on me, so I went online and got him his favorite cake .
   It should be ready later .
       A relationship should be 50/50 he gets lunch I get dinner or in this case dessert.

    My mother has a warm look on her face and apologized for thinking of him as a delinquent, in her line of work she should know better then to judge someone on appearance alone.

    He says it's quite alright and that he's glad that they met .
    Unfortunately this was my moms last night here so we took her to the air port and went home .

    There was cake waiting on the door step and I've never seen a big intimidating man be so excited over cake he's adorable .

    .

    .

    .