3

As I lay awake in my cold room and the sun shines through my wall of windows I think about all that I need to do today.
Visit my fathers grave is top of the list I try and go at least twice a month to give him flowers and update him on all the current events .
I'm sure he would be happy about mom taking a break from work and finding someone to keep her company.
I roll out of bed and stretched.
First I watered my plants , and lit some candles just to start my morning.
I put on a pot of green tea and started my shower making sure to tie up my curls to stop them from getting wet.
After my shower I slip on a white dress and tie up my hair with a white ribbon .
I pore my green tea into a thermos and finish making my picnic , I slip on my sandals and head out . The sun is at a point In the sky where it gives it a lovely shade of reds purples and blues I'll have to remember to paint it later .
I walk to the front gate of the neighborhood and start my trek to the forest where we buried dad.

When I was younger my father and I had a favorite clearing , he would read to me and we would have mini sandwiches and strawberries .
He would push me on the tire swing that he put up and he would tell me about working in a hospital and about all of the people that he helped .
Thinking about it makes me slightly glum but I know that with hard work and dedication I will help people too.
I stop at Mr Charles house and see a note addressed to me on the door .
Hey kid
I had something urgent that I had to take care of but I've talked to your mom and We're all having dinner to talk about moving you out and looking at apartments in California if u haven't found one already. Say hi to your dad for me and if you could put the flowers that I left of the door step on my wife's grave I'd really appreciate it .
See you later
Charles

I sigh and pick up the sunflowers left on the doorstep, and continue walking .
I hum a made up song as I enter the forest.
It's one of my favorite places to be, its like entering an entirely new world .
The entire place is full of life and flowers and even when it's cold and gloomy it still manages to be beautiful.
As I cross the old rickety makeshift bridge and head down to the large old tree.
I place my picnic a sandwich for me and a sandwich for dad as well as the flowers that I got him . I sit with my back against the tree and look out to the pond .
"Hey dad , I've got so much to tell you ."
I sit in silence for a sec really wishing that he was here. " I got into the school that I told you about, Stanford, I leave in two months so I thought I'd pay you a visit before I go . " the sound of bird chirping surround me and I smile as I see a bunny hop past .
"And mom, she's smiling again something that I haven't seen since you passed. They guys name is Matthew and from the looks of it he seems like a nice guys , but I'm sure you'll haunt him is he screws up .
I laugh at my joke .
"I miss you , you know and I'll be back for holidays and I'll even get mom to bring flowers every two weeks and remove the dead ones. " I start to tear up at the thought.
" I'm really lonely without you but I promise to make you proud of me " I smile through my tears , this is for the best.
Life is full of hardship but no one said life was gonna be easy.
I eat my sandwich and strawberries making sure to leave his sandwich near the tree .
I know it's slightly wasteful but I think the animals like the sandwiches so I leave them.

I pack up and make my way to the cemetery to drop off the sunflowers for Mrs Darla .
I remember her fondly she was a beautiful old woman and her age never showed on her face even when she got sick .
      She was brave and wasn't scared of death , she faced it head on.  I remember the last thing that she said to me was " remember to face the world with a smile, and kindness is what will win the hearts of many ."
          I used that as my senior quote but I never got the chance to thank her for all of the wisdom that she shared with me .
    I enter the cemetery gates and find the grave stone of Mrs Darla.
       I grab the old flowers and place them in my basket and set the new ones down , brushing the dead leaves away.
      "Mr Charles wanted me to drop these off and say hello and that he misses you very much " I sit and talk with Mrs darla for a while before I start to feel droplets of water splash on my skin .
    I get up and brush off my dress and say my goodbyes before exiting the cemetery.
   I'm not even half way there before it starts to pour.
I laugh and dance through the rain . A little rain never hurt anybody and I love summer showers .
    I look up to see the sun slightly peaked through the clouds.  I laugh as I swing my basket and twirl through he empty streets .
        Although I miss my father and my mother worked a lot I had a good life , sure it could be a little lonely but I have my books to keep me company.
    This is a new chapter in my life and I'm excited to start it I'm only twenty my lives practically just beginning.
                        .                      .                        .