7

I look through the shelves at the book store below my apartment.
I might as well get a  layout of the building, if I am going to be working here part time. It's very homey and it smells just like an old library kind of like the library that I used to work at in my hometown.
         I smile fondly at the memory . I knew my Hometown library like the back of my hand, any book you were looking for I could find it unless it was checked out.
  I run my finger over the spines of the books they have some beautiful classics here , like The grapes of wrath, and The Catcher in the Rye .
     I bumped into what I assume is another bookshelf.
     But oddly enough bookshelves can't catch you if you fall.   I noticed books fall to my feet and I apologize profusely to whoever I've bumped into.
  I finally noticed an older gentleman possibly in his late 20s but you would never know by his face.
   I am caught staring just my luck.

I duck my head down and start to pick up the books that have fallen .
   " I am so sorry I should've been paying attention." He chuckles" it's absolutely all right I should've been paying attention as well" I hand him back his books.
  And noticed that he had Dracula within his stack.
" I think you're really going to enjoy this book" I tell him.
   He takes the book from my hand and clears his throat" I've actually read it before but I messed up my copy with illegible notes" he chuckles " so I thought I would get another".
  I smile up at him" My name is Aja "  I introduce myself and hold out my hand " Beautiful name for a beautiful lady" he flirts " Christopher" he tells me back .
    He scratches the back of his neck " you wouldn't want to get coffee with me would you ? " he asked his pale cheeks turn a rosy red.
"  Of course you don't have to, I mean you just met me I could be like a serial killer or some thing so I mean you don't have to but I would really like you to ...you know have coffee,    with me ...you know if you're free" I slightly giggle at his ramble.

  " I would love to have coffee with you Christopher but let's get those books first and  we can compare favorites " I know I'm too trusting but it's just coffee plus I've always been attracted to smart guys .
   He's definitely easy on the eyes.  Tall with a pale complexion his chocolate brown hair lightly gelled back, he's wearing a brown sweater vest with A rolled up collar shirt.
It's almost as if we planned our outfits together as he matches my brown patterned skirt with matching blazer and white shirt .
I grab the sketchbook that is next to him along with some pens and head to the cash register dragging him along with me.
He chuckled at my anticipation.
As we both make our purchases we head to the coffee shop just down the road the one that I went to last time.
I am still amazed by the calm atmosphere.
As we wait in line we make playful banter, he almost feels like an old friend.
" so Aja , you don't seem like a California girl where are you from " Christopher asked.
" I'm from a little town in Wyoming, i'm actually here to start school in a couple weeks" I tell him .
We make our way to the barista and she asks for order" can I get a coffee black and a blueberry muffin Christopher orders"
" I didn't take you as a black coffee guy" I tell him . "Well actually I like my coffee with very little cream and very little sugar so I just do it myself" he responds.
I nod my head and I look to the barista " can I get an iced chai tea with a slice of banana nut bread " she brings out both the blueberry muffin and banana bread and says that our order will be right up and that our total will be $10.56.
I go to reach for my wallet but Christopher holds out his hand " what are you doing" he asks.
I look at him with slight confusion "I am paying" I tell him "no " he says back ."I asked you out for coffee so I shall pay" I paused at his antics.

"but I wouldn't feel right letting you pay"
He shakes his head" how about you can get it the next time . "
I wrinkled my face slightly." All right "I tell him. " I will Pay next time"
The barista laughs at our conversation and says "you two make a cute couple" .
I laugh awkwardly and go to tell her that we are not together but Christopher puts his arm around my shoulder and says thank you.
I laugh at him and lightly punch his shoulder . Not that I wouldn't be opposed to dating him but we just met.
I've also slightly got a tattooed grump on my mind , which is odd because I've only met him a couple of times too.
I feel like moving to a big city has made me slightly boy crazy.
I shake my head I cannot afford to get distracted.
Once our drinks are done we go to a table.
I'm very comfortable with him there is no need to make small talk.
He takes out Dracula and I take out a pen and my sketchbook.
I lightly hum the Lo Fi song as I draw the man in front of me.
He has beautiful strong features.
And I kind of like how his face shows his emotions.
As I look up and down to draw him he catches me mid sketch.
He starts to make silly faces and I laugh .
" stop moving your face I tell him or you going to let me draw you or not"
He puckered his lips and tries a seductive face says" oh are you going to paint me like one of your French girls " he quotes.
I shake my head.

I can tell that this is going to be a start of a great friendship.

              .                           .                          .