Entrusted (KaiʼSa x Evelynn)

Entrusted

It was like watching a piece of ice melt slowly under the natural heat of its surroundings. Maybe even a match that was lit, bright and illuminating, yet fading once the stick burned out.

Yes, the match thing will do.

They were happy. Immensely. Completely.

From the beginning, they were inseparable. The moment they found and opened their hearts to one another, despite the other half being hesitant at first, it was like the start of the beautiful love story. A flower that looked like it was blooming into its most breathtaking state, putting those who looked at it in a state of awe and envy at its beauty.

Everyone spoke about how different they were from one another, yet in the end, there was still this undeniable connection.

A connection that seemed to fade as time went on.

The way they burned out was unexpected. Hell, the younger one between them didn't seem to notice. But the other one? No, she saw the signs all too well. Saw how her beloved darling slowly yet steadily fell out of love for her.

Only to fall in love with another.

It started with the little things in the most fleeting moments.

Seated on the plush seats in the living room, they both warmly cuddled with one another. Unbothered. Settled in their little bubble as they whispered sweet nothings under their breaths.

Said bubble popped in a blink of an eye upon the arrival of another person. A person that seemed to catch the attention of the rapper, who became so quick to abandon her initial place with her lover just to greet the other. To spend time with another.

The times that followed throughout the days were similar to such sequence. Gold amber eyes watched as blonde and black hair would fly in the air the moment its owner turned to another, bright smile forming on the latter's lips whenever she approached the leader of their group.

Then, it came to the point when they would hold one another at night, talk about their days and one of them would hear from the other about how nice it was to spend the day with their mutual friend.

Pale, delicate hands would caress the rapper's cheek, smiling as she watched the other's face light up with love, adoration and more emotions that were once reserved exclusively for no one but her. The gesture was always missed and the meaning behind it never succeeded on being understood.

Even in the middle of the day, she would hold her lover in her arms, cuddle either on one of their beds or a couch, but the intruder in between their fading connection came disguised as a phone and a message thread.

With her very own eyes, she'd watch as her beloved replied and would soon be sent to a back and forth conversation with the person on the other side of the line.

Maybe they had rushed it. Maybe they both dove into the excitement of their feelings too soon and now, they were drowning from all the things they hadn't considered.

Tears refused to fall. Eyes remained glassy and looked so close into shattering into clear drops of heartbreaks as they watched the home of heart apologize over and over again about how they had fallen for another and how they hadn't expected it.

Evelynn certainly did.

Now, the once cold and sarcastic diva was quiet and face far too tense to be considered unfazed and neutral as Akali explained that she loved her. She really did, but...

"...I didn't expect to love her like how I used to love you."

Used to.

That's what pierced her deep.