If I'm Lucky (Katarina x Ashe)

If I'm Lucky (Battle Academia AU)

The sound of steel colliding with another overlapped with the crunch of broken wood and the scratch of boots against the dirt. Most members of the Assassin Club were already out on the field, grunting and letting out battle cries as they struck the dummies with either their bare hands or their intricate weaponries.

Katarina Du Couteau walked through the chaos as if she was strolling in the park, an idle smirk on her lips as she watched her fellow Warbands hone their evidently murderous skills. Ever since she had been appointed as the new president of the club, she's been doubling every member's morning routine. And, of course, the positive comments they've heard from their professors were proof that her methods have greatly helped her peers.

Her little walk came to a halt right beside the outdoor gymnastics area, arms crossing in front of her as she watched her brother, Talon, execute a brief yet difficult routine on a pommel horse with absolute expertise.

Talon and Cassiopeia were the only individuals in the university she would likely admit to be able to keep up with her whenever she did her own routines. But, the truth would only be uttered if she thought it was worth mentioning. Katarina was proud of them, though. They're family, and it was great to know they were on her level. It certainly saved them the whole 'jealous sibling rivalry' others experienced.

Katarina scoffed to herself at the thought of such trivial conflict. She could name more than a handful of siblings that would go head-to-head just to prove to one another that one was more superior than the other, in or out of their university.

One of the similar cases involved their president of the student council and his cousin, Caitlyn Kiramman, who was enrolled in Labrys Academy. A school they considered as one of their rivals in the circle of God-Weapon institutions. Another case involved a certain person she's well-familiar with, though.

As a proud and notorious member of the Warbands, Katarina was infamously known for her sly deeds and cunning wit. Most freshmen were always warned not to cross her, sophomores kept their distance, juniors were mostly the same as the former and seniors, well, they were much braver when it comes to approaching her, but their guard always remained up and ready.

With that being said, it came as an utter surprise for everyone in Durandal Academy when she was seen laying on the grass and under the shade of a tree, where she had a sandwich for lunch.

The situation seemed so simple and normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. But, what made the news spread throughout the student body like a plague was because the Sophomore Representative of the United, Ashe Winterborne, was seen sitting alongside her, helping herself with an orange popsicle.

It's been a while ever since she had seen her. A week or two maybe? She was still unaware of why Ashe had been absent lately, especially since they've already started with one-on-one scrimmages. That was something Katarina had been delaying on participating in. Not until Ashe showed up to see her own turn.

Katarinaʼs gaze trailed away from her brother and proceeded to wander elsewhere, just like her mind.

The breeze shook the tree's leaves, sending some to fly away, while others fluttered down to the two students lounging underneath its shade. Katarina was laying on her backpack and had one arm tucked under her head, sandwich in hand. Her nose scrunched up in irritation at the falling green blades of nature, sitting up and brushing her free hand through her hair to avoid having them fall on her face.

Her company merely spared her a short look, lips pressed against the cold treat they were holding, before returning to the open textbook on their lap. The sight of the eldest Du Couteau's scowl didn't seem to faze them as much as it did to others, especially if that little upward curve on the corner of her lips was any indication of what she thought about it.