I Saved You (Katarina x Ashe)

I Saved You (Animal Version/AU)
(Cat Katarina / Lovebird Ashe)

Despite hearing the sound of a vehicle parking in the house's garage, the red cat comfortably curled in its pet bed near the fireplace didn't move an inch from its position.

The cat's name was Katarina. She was taken in named by a little girl name Annie when she was found in the streets with her siblings. While she and her sister, who was named Cassiopeia, or Cassie, as Annie's sister, Daisy, usually called her, were taken in with the family of the two girls, their other sibling ended up being adopted by a family friend.

During their time in the streets, Katarina became used to clawing at other cats to get a decent meal for herself and her remaining family. None of their parents were there to raise them. All she knew was that she and her two siblings lived in a box in an alley between a small restaurant and a movie theater.

She and her brother were fighting with three other stray cats for a half-eaten fish once. It was where she got the scar on her left eye. Regardless of such cost, she and her brother emerged victorious from the scuffle and had brought back the fish to their youngest sister, who was meowing and crying in the box they called home.

The sound of the door clicking as it became unlocked made one of the red cat's ears twitch. It was soon followed by a bunch of hurried footsteps and an excited call of a little girl.

"Cassie!" Daisy called out as she dashed into the living room.

"Meow~" Cassiopeia responded back as she briskly walked out of the kitchen and joined the blonde girl in the same room.

Daisy giggled when Cassiopeia walked around her, fur brushing against her in an affectionate manner. The cat was soon picked up and hugged, and the furry creature responded back with a purr.

Katarina watched her younger sister with distaste. Despite being part of the human family that adopted them for five years, Katarina never got used to all the love, but she kept her claws out of sight as much as possible. Last time she tried clawing at Annie for pulling on her tail, she got slapped by a rolled newspaper by the girl's mother.

Annie was scolded for doing such thing, yes, but Katarina was quick to learn from the experience. As long as she avoids being physically violent to her pet owners, then she and her sister will remain having a proper roof over their heads, high class cat food, soft and plush pet bed and pleasant-smelling cat litter for them to do their business on.

"Kata!" Came Annie's voice.

If Katarina were human, she would have groaned the moment she heard her little owner's voice. She rolled around her pet bed, intending to stretch for a few times before she makes many effort in standing up and greeting the caller. She was in the middle of her second stretch when Annie abruptly collected her from her resting place and into those delicate arms.

Due to the pattern of the fur on her face, Katarina didn't need to scowl to show how irritated she was. No, her face's fur pattern was enough to do such thing for her. Nonetheless, she was irked that her stretching was interrupted, but she made no aggressive reaction to the unwanted action.

"Did you miss us?" Annie asked, hugging her tightly.

'No.' She thought to herself, which she voiced out by blandly saying, "Meow."

"Daisy and I missed you and Cass, too!"

This was one of the things that irritated Katarina. Since she's an animal and was unable to speak any words, then there's always this miscommunication that transpires between her owners. There's always a communication breakdown.