Preferences (Syndra x Irelia)

Preferences (AU/Modern)

In these kinds of times, people can be seen either dropping by at coffee shops to pick up their morning coffee or just lounging at a cozy cafe. At a high-end coffee shop, various types of people, student or worker, occupied the comfortable lounge seats, sipping from their coffee cups, while they fiddled with their phones, typed in their laptops or reading a simple novel.

Syndra, who currently wore a pair of frameless reading glasses, read the pocketbook she has in hand, legs crossed and eyes skimming over the printed words. One of her fingers played and twirled with a few strands of her white hair, while she let herself indulge in the entertaining book.

This is her usual everyday ritual. She sits at her favorite table right beside the window of the cafe, reads one of the novels she brought from the bookstore a block away from where she is now and occasionally sips some of the caffeine she ordered.

Lately though, there's an additional reason why she picks this specific coffee shop to lounge at whenever she has free time. It's not only the ambience she's after, but it's also the newly-hired waitress.

Syndra took her eyes away from the book and directed them to the raven haired female dressed in a simple black pencil skirt and a white blouse. Her violet eyes roamed all over the waitress' form, taking in every detail it can see and obtain.

She has yet to know the girl's name, but she is already drawn to her. Seeing every curve that her eyes laid on nearly made her lick her lips in raw hunger, her mind envisioning the beauty to be pinned down underneath her.

Syndra chuckled to herself as she watched the other carry a tray of two orders of ice coffee, almost dropping the tray in the process. She took her coffee and took a small drink from it, eyes closing in satisfaction at the taste of caffeine in her tongue. In that moment of darkness, countless scenarios crossed her mind, scenarios on how she'll approach her 'target'.

Clang!

Splash!

A gasp.

Feeling a tad bit sticky and half-drenched, Syndra opened her eyes and slowly placed her cup of coffee back down the table. Her eyes trailed down to her front, which is now mostly drenched with cold coffee, a few ice cubes melting on her lap.

She blinked for a few times, as if registering her sudden change of state, before raising her gaze and looking towards the cause of it all, face remaining calm and looking completely unaffected.

'Just my luck.' Syndra thought to herself as she internally smirked once she found herself looking into pale brown hues that belonged to none other than her beautiful objective, who is looking horrified at what she had accidentally done.

"I don't think this is my order..." Her eyes flickered to the silver name tag of the raven haired beauty, smiling as she let the other's name roll off her tongue. "...Irelia."

Irelia, the waitress that had spilled the cups of ice coffee on her, still possessed a pair of wide eyes, the horror on her face not faltering.

"O-Oh my god, I...! I'm so sorry!"

"No need for apologies," Syndra placed her coffee-drenched pocketbook on the table with her coffee. "You merely ruined my whole outfit. No need to be so flustered."

"I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to. It's just that...-!"

"Irelia!" One of the senior waitresses, Nidalee, approached them. "What have you done?"

"I, I didn't mean to!" Irelia tried defending herself. "The tray, it, it just slipped!"

Syndra wanted to shake her head at how easily ruffled Irelia is. She decided to save the other female from the possibility of being fired from her job. She waved a dismissive hand, capturing the two waitresses' attention.