Just Give Me A Reason (Katarina x Ashe)

Just Give Me A Reason (Mafia AU/Spin-off from the two-shot story "Discretion is Advised")

The ceiling fan soundlessly whirled, while the distant sound of traffic reached through the open window of the office of the doctor currently seated behind the mahogany desk. Blue eyes moved behind the rimless eyeglasses, gaze focused on the medical file she was holding in her hand.

Although it was one of those days that she's not out and working in the main branch of Lionheart Medical Center, she seemed to be still going hard at work. She was reviewing one of her patient's files, while a part of her mind was contemplating if she should push through with opening a medical branch in Valoran.

Sarah Fortune, one of their newest allies and infamous leader of the Fortune Mafia, had already prepared everything she'd need. A site was already secured and just waiting for her decision if she's going to proceed with this plan of hers.

The doctor's name was Ashe Lionheart and she was the youngest child of Braum Lionheart. He's the man that controlled Freljord with the help of not only his mafia's influence, but also the power his three daughters had over the nation.

Throughout the years, the Lionhearts had built their family's foundations little by little. Conjuring up plans that would benefit them in the long run, they did everything with absolute fairness and dealt with troubling affairs peacefully. Unless, of course, someone opposed them and challenged their power, then they truly lived up to their name and reputation.

They may be too much of a pacifist and went through the code of acting only when provoked, they were still a mafia to be feared by many.

Each and every one of Braum's daughters had their own way of dealing with problems and in acquiring power.

Sejuani always used brute force and never faltered with her blunt approach. She wasn't afraid of getting her hands dirty or with the fact that people could see what she's doing. Obviously, she inherited the brutal side of Braum. A side that was immensely active when he was much younger, but had become milder when he got older.

As for Lissandra, she was more discreet and dealt with matters in a more hush-hush manner. She made people disappear and always left no trace, nor evidence, that could trace the case back to her or the Lionhearts in general. But, people knew it was her doing. They just couldn't prove it.

With Ashe, she's mostly the one that shows the warm and tender-hearted nature of their father. She settled various affairs through open discussions, fair deals and made allies with the assistance of her exceptional social skills. She's the face of the Lionhearts.

She is, after all, an accomplished doctor, so she was very much used to making small talk.

Eyes wandering away from the file, Ashe's gaze landed on the black velvet box containing the expensive, custom-made wristwatch she had bought for a special someone. She had just received it last night and has yet to gift it to the woman that warms her in bed during most evenings.

Katarina Du Couteau, the lover that was being described, had succeeded the position of her father as the main head of the Du Couteau Corporation two years ago.

The said business was known for being one of the most, if not the best, preferred private security company in the entire world. They had branches and professionals stationed worldwide and had been known for having multiple connections with various people all around Runeterra.

It's also the reason why Ashe was involved in a relationship with the red-haired woman.

The doctor sighed as she placed the file back on her desk, leaning back on her chair and eyeing the box of the watch with an idle stare.