Just a Celebration (Katarina x Ashe / Akali x Evelynn)

Just a Celebration (Continuation of "Just Admiration")

The city of Valoran bustled with life as the clouds drifted around the sky in barely noticeable motion, while people went along with their day like the usual. Sun up high but not too glaring onto everything below, the general population was quite pleased with how nice the day seemed to be beginning.

Katarina was definitely not part of that majority though. She groaned as she turned away from the wall window, where the unwelcome sunlight was openly pouring in. With her completely forgetting about rolling the blinds down the previous night, this was like an unnecessary punishment for her in doing so.

When she spun around and slung her arm across the bed, the redhead expected to have someone to embrace and snuggle into, but all she found was an empty bedside. With a sleep-addled expression, Katarina grumpily propped herself by an elbow, looking around for her wife.

"Ashe?" Katarina called, and when she received no reply, she huffed and practically shouted out, "Ashe!"

Silence.

Sighing, Katarina pushed the blankets off with an exaggerated shove and kick as she vacated the half-empty bed with a grumble. She was not a morning person, but she was definitely the spouse that worried over their pregnant lover more than necessary.

Katarina swiped her robe from the backrest of the armchair she passed, slipping it on but not bothering on tying it close, which relatively left her sleep shorts and tank top exposed.

With one hand rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Katarina walked around the house in search of her wife, who, after a couple of minutes of looking, was not in the vicinity.

At the same time Katarina finished her little exploration, she heard the sound of a car pulling up the driveway. Padding over to the living room and tugging the closed blinds up, the rock singer finally found Ashe stepping out of her car with a single bag of items she looked to have bought from the convenience store a few blocks out of the subdivision they reside in.

Ashe had just climbed the small steps at their door when the panel swung open and Katarina directed a gaze at her that wordlessly expressed how she was in for a scolding. The songwriter rolled her eyes lightheartedly at the redhead, leaning in to give her a kiss on the cheek before proceeding towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, Katarina." Ashe greeted, clearly unafraid of any possible lecturing the other was intending on giving.

"Good morning to you, too." Katarina muttered, eyeing her darling with a bit of a narrowed look.

"Spare me the look, Katarina. I only drove to the store to get a few things."

"Alone." The Du Couteau pointed out, suppressing a huff as she followed her wife to the kitchen, where the paper bag was deposited on top of the marble island. "What's the use of having that talk the other week if you're just going to leave by yourself when I'm asleep?"

Ashe lightly sighed, turning to Katarina with a tender expression intended to soothe Katarina's concern. "Katarina, I'm pregnant, not disabled."

I know that." Katarina murmured after giving a sigh, absently rubbing the back of her neck. "You know how worried I get when you go out alone. Especially after that almost-accident with the paparazzi."

At least a month ago, Katarina and Ashe had just finished having dinner and was exiting the high-class establishment when the paparazzi pretty much swarmed them about questions involving their careers, their child's gender and how the said baby was affecting their everyday lives. With Ashe being seven months pregnant at the time, it was no surprise she didn't have her usual full control with her balance.