The Goddess' Angel (Miss Fortune x Kai'Sa)

The Goddess' Angel

Flying over another city had always been Sarah Fortune's usual routine after claiming a bounty. The feeling of air, especially the unpolluted and much fresher ones, brushing over her face and seeping into her lungs was a very enjoyable experience. After all, she rarely got the chance to fly around without any worries for any incoming missiles.

Looking down at the civilization below her, she let the bright lights entertain her. It took her attention, yes, but what completely stole her focus was the bright white and violet light that sparked at the right corner of her eyes.

Her head instantly turned to the right, her cyan-colored eyes locking on to the speeding light a fair distance away from her. Shooting stars weren't really rare anymore, so anyone would assume that beam of light was one. With its whitish violet color that looks eye-capturing, yes, it could easily pass off as a star falling from the sky.

But no. The supposedly dead and ex-CEO of Fortune Industries knew better.

"EXO," She started, now hovering in place.

"Yes, ma'am?" EXO's naturally exuberant voice flooded out of the tiny speakers in her ears.

"Keep a lock on that target." Came her sweetly-voiced order.

"Right away!" Sarah hadn't even blinked when a holographic targeting screen was projected directly in front of her right eye, her beloved EXO-suit presenting to her that he has indeed set his targeting system on the glowing suit. "Shall we annihilate the target?"

"No, no, EXO." Sarah smirked as she rushed after their target, her natural scarlet hair flying and whipping furiously back as she flew. "That would be rude."

"But ma'am...-"

"Tut-tut." Sarah interrupted with a smile, tapping her thumb one of the handles of her guns.

As they picked up speed and caught up with the zooming light, Sarah couldn't stop a smirk from flashing so openly for anyone to see. She was right with her theory on what and who it was. Honestly, she had no intention in hunting her down now, but plans always change.

"Let's just blow up one engine, understood, EXO?"

"Just one?" EXO asked with a somewhat disappointed tone.

Sarah rolled her eyes at her EXO-suit's dramatics. Internally though, she found amusement in EXO's emotions. It's an aspect an artificial intelligence like him shouldn't actually possess, but it did make him unique.

"Yes, EXO." She feigned an exasperated tone. "Just one."

"You are growing soft and merciful." EXO claimed, but nonetheless activated a specific bullet for the task about to be done.

"Whatever you say, EXO."

The moment after she said those words, she pointed her right gun at the speeding suit and pressed her thumb down on the small red button right against it. Instead of emitting a loud bang, only an audible pop sounded as a fist-size bullet lunged forward, transforming into a disc a second before it made contact with one of the elongated engines.

At least that's what Sarah expected to happen.

"What?" She uttered in shock, eyes widening. The literally flashy suit glitched before it disappeared.

....!

Sarah dodged to her right in an instant, barely missing a goldish blue beam that was shot from behind. Whirling around in the air, she caught sight of the one and only Bullet Angel, who hovered far enough for their distance to be labeled as somewhat safe for both parties. Such was not really considered safe, seeing that they both use range weaponries.