Temptation's Curse (Cassiopeia x Sivir)

Temptation's Curse

It has been long ever since the betrayal of the Serpent's Embrace to the Battle Mistress. When it had happened, the news of the Butcher of Sands and the Magus Ascendant's newly-acquired freedom from the Tomb of the Emperors became the most conversed topic almost in all of Runeterra. Along with that subject's limelight is the resurrection of the Emperor of the Sands.

It took a while, but eventually, Cassiopeia's anomalous transformation and Sivir's crucial role in the expedition became the talk of the nations.

While most of the people believed what the Curator of the Sands had said about Cassiopeia being the perpetrator of it all, the influence of Noxus and the nation's connections managed to convince more than just a few people to see a much different view.

Some began to believe that it is actually Sivir who's responsible for everything. Rumor even has it that Sivir wanted the supposed fortune they hoped to have found in the tomb for herself, which is the made-up cause why Cassiopeia now slithers. Apparently, the part where she warned Cassiopeia not to open the tomb was not told to anyone else.

Regardless of all these tattles though, Sivir shows not a single care about the views of the people. What matters for her is that whenever she's outside of the Institute of War, jobs still come her way and that it gives more coin than ever before.

But right now, she's at the Institute, and that only means one thing.

Either on the Rift or the Abyss, battles may be sanctioned, but blood is still somewhat being spilled in an endless cycle until a team of five champions push back their opponents and destroy the opposing team's Nexus.

Sivir's base in the ongoing round is the one found at the bottom part of the Rift. The mercenary had just bought another item to add to her set and is already on her way to the bottom lane to finally destroy the enemy team's weakened turret. Once she caught sight of the red turret she's targeting, she increased her pace of running.

Since her minions seem to be more than enough to push back the red ones, she decided to dash into the nearest brush and conceal herself. She perched in her little hiding spot, watching closely as her minions ventured forward.

As soon as her minions began to charge and meet the new wave of the enemy's, she ran to the next brush and once again, hid herself from anyone's eyes but her summoner's.

Speaking of her summoner, she heard him remind her that the jungler of the enemy team hasn't paid a visit at the bottom lane ever since the match had started, warning her of the possibility of Elise's sudden visit when she attempts to finally destroy the outer turret.

Not only that, but her summoner also advised her to place a ward at the brush beside the river. Using her link with her summoner, she reassured him that she won't need it and that she'll wait for Tahm Kench to do such task. She's planning on placing her ward in the brush past the turret she's planning on destroying.

Her support, Tahm Kench, had just returned to base, finished with the task of assisting Yasuo at the top lane. She didn't bother waiting for him though. Confident that she can take down the turret, she inched through the brush and neared her objective.

She was two steps away from the very end of the brush, but before she could proceed any further, the sound of water swishing and swooshing from the river abruptly rang clear in her ears, which ended up freezing her movements in a heartbeat.

Sivir snapped her gaze towards the river. From the shadows, the Serpent's Embrace emerged, slithering towards her blue minions to annihilate all of them. A purple mist of poison spread across the minions dressed in the color of blue. Within exactly two seconds, one by one, minions began falling down the dirt, dead.