Just One Cigarette (Vi x Caitlyn)

Just One Cigarette

Caitlyn hated smoking. Her face would always curl up into a disgusted expression every time she would smell the scent of the smoke.

Ever so curious, Vi decided to try the said act. Unfortunately for her, Caitlyn always confiscated her cigarettes before she could even light one. Heck, sometimes she hasn't even opened the pack yet and Caitlyn is suddenly there to snatch it out of her grasp.

The Sheriff already gave Vi permission to go out and have some alcoholic drinks, and she even lets Vi's paper works slide every once and a while.

But smoking, for Caitlyn, is highly intolerable.

"No smoking allowed." She would always say to the pink-haired bruiser. Despite her rebellious and rambunctious behaviour and attitude, Vi would always obey her requests and orders.

Now, she kneeled under the pouring rain while Vi's bloodied form leaned on the wall, close to her last breath.

"Vi. . ." Caitlyn whispered as she looked at the bruiser with eyes filled with tears to the very brim.

"Heya, Cupcake. . ." Vi breathed out, managing a small yet pained smile to grace her lips.

"I'm so sorry. . ." She apologized, tears now loosely flowing from her eyes.

"Shouldn't be under the rain, Cupcake." Vi hoarsely coughed before continuing. "You'll catch a cold."

"I don't care, Vi. . . I care about you. . ."

"Cupcake. . . ?"

Caitlyn raised her head slightly, looking into Vi's tired eyes.

"A favor. . . Before I die. . . ?"

The sniper sobbed before nodding quietly.

"One smoke. . . ?"

"Vi. . ."

"I know. . . the pack you confiscated. . . is with you right now. . ." Vi stated with much difficulty in her part.

Wordlessly, Caitlyn reached into one of her holsters and pulled out one cigarette from the small open pack inside. With trembling fingers, she was about to slip the tip between the bruiser's lips when the said pinkette spoke.

"Thanks. . . Caitlyn. . ."

Caitlyn slipped the tip between her dying partner's lips, all the while, she clenched her teeth as she choked back a sob.

Next thing she pulled out was the lighter Vi gave her as a souvenir when she came back from capturing one of the top criminals in Piltover. Using her thumb, she pushed the trigger down and a small fire lit.

As she neared and leaned close, both of their foreheads touched while she slowly pushed the lighter forward to light the cigarette. She let out another choked sob when she felt one of Vi's bloodied hands stroke her dark hair.

Before the tiny fire could light the tip of the cigarette, Vi gazed at Caitlyn.

"Caitlyn. . ." She managed to murmur, despite the cigarette between her lips before she softly exhaled, her head falling and tilting to the side, her hand also falling lifelessly onto her lap.

"Vi. . . ?"

". . ."

Caitlyn's fingers started trembling. "Vi. . . ?"

The fire flickered before the trigger was let go and it died in a second. "Vi?"

The white cigarette then tilted slightly before loosely dangling at the side of Vi's cold parted lips.

Caitlyn already knew.

But she can't accept it.

She just can't.

With shaky fingers, she weakly pulled the cigarette away from Vi's cold lips and pushed it back into her holster and back into its pack.

"Maybe next time. . . Vi." Caitlyn managed to utter before she broke down and hugged Vi's bloodied and lifeless body.

Yet she knew.

There won't be a next time.

"You smoke now?" Jayce asked as they gazed at Vi's fresh grave where a tombstone is planted to mark the burial site.

A cigarette hang lazily in the corner of Caitlyn's lips, but it wasn't lit. It was just there.

"Maybe," Caitlyn adjusted the cigarette with her own lips, transfering it to the other corner carefully yet swiftly. "Maybe not."

xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Author's Note: Well, I ship a lot of couples in League of Legends. Apparently, one of those pairs is the love team "Vaitlyn", which is Vi × Caitlyn! ^•^