Torn Apart (Leona x Diana)

Torn Apart

Bright illumination faded into the shadows as the glow of the Wayfinder's effects disappeared, leaving merely four Sentinels standing in the small forest glade. Beside the Scorn of the Moon, Rookie stored the Wayfinder back in their holster.

Riven and Irelia, who practically forced Diana to bring them as additional company for the unplanned journey, stepped away from one another and glared at each other, huffing as they smoothened their attires.

Despite the fact that they've already returned the Wayfinder in its place by their hip, Rookie glanced at the lingering but never approaching mist-like tendrils around them before asking the Aspect with them, "Are you... still certain with this journey, Diana?"

The mentioned Targonian merely spared a fleeting look at the eerily lingering mist in their surroundings before following the somewhat narrow, unmarked path ahead of them. "The odds are suspiciously in our favor."

"Suspiciously. Exactly." Riven brought up, unconsciously sticking closer to Rookie and Irelia as the three of them closely tailed the Moon Goddess.

For a tense moment, Diana halted as she caught sight of the Sun Temple where she once had clashed with her counterpart. There was no glowing altar. Every inch of it was quite literally consumed with the dark, sickly green mist, but one thing that became absolutely evident was the lone figure standing at the center of it.

The individual shined bright like a beacon, scintillating gold armor serving as most of the light in the dimly lit area. A blast of sunfire erupted from the auburn-haired Aspect, pushing the mist around her in a perfect circle before falling on one knee and using her sword as a stand.

Upon the sight of the other's struggle, Diana's already racing heart threatened to come to a halt right then and there. The Lunari most likely would have rushed towards the scene if not for the hand Irelia placed on her shoulder.

Diana spun around, regarding Irelia with a gaze that questioned why she would stop her now.

"Aren't you the least bit skeptical about this?" Irelia asked, warily glancing over to where the Radiant Dawn struggled to get back up on her feet. "Lucian told me how Targon was engulfed by the Mist right when you left. And now, we drop by after a few days and find another Aspect fighting it? How are we so certain she would not end up like the one you fought from before?"

"Because she's different." Diana uttered through gritted teeth. She raised her crescent blade and pointed it at the direction of her fellow Aspect. "She's still fighting. Are we supposed to just leave her?"

"Maybe the Navori here has a point." Riven said, nodding towards Irelia. "We saw the

Aspect of War be controlled by Viego himself. What's another Aspect to him?"

"Diana, maybe we should...-" The Rookie was unfortunately cut off by the rush of wind that came along as the Lunari shrugged off Irelia's hand and jumped away from their place. "Diana!"

Said woman paid no attention to the call. Mind and body solely focused on reaching her counterpart, Diana swiftly and cleanly slashed through any of the corrupting tendrils that came at her, the mark on her forehead and the blade in her grasp illuminating the darkness like how the moon would in the night.

There were ghoulish screams and cries with every swing she performed, but none deterred her from her goal. By the time she reached the Solari, the latter had just managed to stand back up on her feet, while the mist seemed to have subsided in the slightest, circling them like a predator waiting for a chance to strike down its prey.

"Leona...!" Diana gasped out, the clutch on her weapon remaining tight as her eyes darted from one point to another to make certain nothing would attempt to strike them. "We must leave immediately! I know this temple is sacred not only to the Solari but to you as well, but we must go! It isn't...-"