She's Back (Lux x Jinx)

She's Back (Star Guardian Universe)

The word happy doesn't even come close to the jovial feeling Lux is currently having, especially now that she made her way to school with something, or someone, to look forward to in seeing.

Janna, who walked alongside her, took her eyes away from the book she's reading and looked her way, noticing the excitement she's exuding and the tune of 'Burning Bright', which she's currently humming.

Lux has been feeling and acting all hyped up ever since they had defeated Baron Nashor before it could wreak havoc in populated locations. They wouldn't have defeated it if it weren't for the appearance and assistance of a certain friend theirs, the boost of morale and strength it had given the four of them being quite massive.

"You look excited." Janna commented, looking away from her pocketbook.

"Excited? I'm ecstatic, Janna!" Lux practically squealed. "She's going to be there again! Aren't you excited?"

"I'm glad that she's back, yes, but I don't see it as much of a big deal." Janna then wore a teasing smile on her lips. She began to nudge Lux with her elbow. "Unlike someone who has something special to say to her..."

Some of Lux's excitement was replaced with embarrassment. "I'm still not sure if I should tell her..."

Janna rolled her eyes at her. "Are you seriously going to wait until she leaves again?"

The alarm and horror on Lux's face became absolutely obvious as soon she heard her friend's words. Janna nodded her head in a form of mild triumph, knowing that she made a point with what she had said.

"Oh no..." Lux pursed met lips as she started to become nervous. "What do I, then? How do I tell her?"

"Why are you asking me? I know nothing of any sort of romantics."

"What if she doesn't like girls in the first place? What if she rejects me? What if I make things awkward between us?"

Janna sighed loudly on purpose in order to interrupt Lux's panicked 'what if' questions. "Asking those things won't give you any answers, Lux."

"That's why I'm asking you!"

"Like I said, I know nothing of mushy romantics."

"But, Janna!"

Lux's whimpering was blatantly disregard by the other female, whose attention is now back to her book, leaving Lux to figure out how she'll start her confession all by herself. Their whole trip to the school was filled with Lux internally panicking, for she still haven't thought of a way how she'll approach her crush in the first place.

"What took you two so long?" Lulu asked as she and Poppy left their place at the school gates.

"We've been waiting here for half an hour, you know." Poppy said, crossing her arms as she added, "And someone wants to say sorry to you two."

"Someone?" Lux and Janna asked back in unison.

"Yeah, me."

Lux held her breath as soon as her eyes made eye contact with her crush's red ones. She didn't expect she'd see her sooner than she expected.

"I already forgive you, so no need." Janna stated before the redhead could say anything else. "But, Lux here though..."

The long and red twin-tails swayed as Jinx turned her attention back to Lux herself, who then began to blush profusely. To make things worse for Lux, Janna continued her sentence.

"She has something to say to you."

For both Lux and Jinx, everything around them went unnoticed after Janna finished her words. Even when their violet-haired friend led the other two into school to grant them their privacy, it registered late in their minds.