Parallel in Agony (Akali x Evelynn)

Parallel in Agony (Continuation to "Parallel in Mind" or "Parallel at Heart")

(Italicized names refer to characters originally from the K/DA universe)

The whole predicament was confusing.

Akali just opened her eyes and next thing she knew, she found herself relaxing on a beach chair, wearing a pair of what seemed to be swimming shorts and an open and plain white mesh blouse over a dark blue bikini top.

The sight before her was absolutely foreign, and no matter where she looked, not a single part of her surroundings sparked any familiarity to her. She wanted to furrow her eyebrows, but all she could do in her dream was watch and let her dream self control everything.

The sound of water splashing reached her ears and when the eyes she was left to settle in merely following directed themselves to the ocean ahead, she spotted an all too familiar woman resurfacing and shaking the aqua away from her magenta hair.

Akali felt like she would've sucked in a breath at the sight, but her dream self merely smiled and waited as the gorgeous woman jogged towards her and eventually perched right beside her.

"Aren't you going out for a swim with me?"

It was Evelynn. Yes, the same Evelynn that's known as the diva of the famous pop group in the alternate dimension.

The dream version of Akali reached across her and gave her arm a light caress as she said, "I'm fine. Just wanna relax here, y'know? Got a lot on my mind."

A frown shaped the other's lips. Even though there was a gleam of understanding in her amber orbs, Evelynn looked like she was deeply concerned for her.

"Is it the nightmares?"

A shrug. "It'll pass. Pretty sure it's not gonna last too long."

Evelynn smiled. The optimism was more than a little reassuring and it was enough for her to relax. "I hate seeing those bags under your eyes, darling. You look so... drained."

"Nothing I can't handle."

"Alright, darling. I trust you."

Just when Evelynn inched forward and was about to instigate a kiss...

Akali abruptly jolted out of her sleep, head immediately looking around her new surroundings, which was a forest found somewhere at the outskirts of a village in Ionia.

When the ninja ultimately realized that what she just saw was a mere dream, a quiet groan left her. She tugged her mask off, rubbing a hand over her face and shaking her head in frustration.

Almost five solid days have passed ever since she left the Institute of War. She had requested a leave of absence from the League from the High Councilor herself, saying that she wanted a small break after going through the whole mind-testing.

Truth be told, she felt physically fine after the whole consciousness-swap. The only side effect she seemed to have noticed from it is that she's been having dreams of moments spent with the Evelynn in the alternate world.

Moments she has never seen until the very second she finds herself dreaming of it.

Not only were the dreams making it difficult for her to forget about her attraction towards the diva, but the conversation she had with the Runeterra version was also haunting her.

It's the main reason why she took a break from the League. She wanted space and to erase any possibilities in crossing paths with the vixen that's obviously out to hunt her body and soul.