CHAPTER 35

In front of them are 10 board members which are mostly male. Yuzu feels well out of place and is starting to get nervous. Mei places her hand of top if hers and whispers in her ear

“Don’t worry If you are asked any questions just answer them honestly.”

Yuzu just nods her head and sits quietly patiently waiting for everything to start. Her grandfather starts the meeting.

“Good afternoon everybody and thank you for attending today.”

Without pausing he carries on

“I have called this meeting as some things have changed within the Aihara family. Most of you already know but I have bought my granddaughter her to try and explain things that have happened. Mei if you would please.”

Mei stands up and with a straight back looks around the room, looks into everybody eyes and begins.

“Firstly I would like to point out that I am not happy about this situation that my grandfather has put me in but in the end this has to happen at some point.  I’m bit unsure on how much you already know but at this moment I have divorce my husband.”

“What do you mean divorced” One of the members said.

“Yeah why did you get divorced.” Another one asked.”

“You have got to be joking.” One of them shouted out.

Mei puts her hand up and with a stern face.

“If you could let me speak, WITHOUT interrupting me I will explain. About three months ago I got divorced from my husband Patrick. It was an mutual agreement between the pair of us as we did not get along with each other as we had feelings for other people.”

“That’s it we will take back the school that you run.” One of the members shouted across the room.

“I SAID LET ME SPEAK IF I HEAR ONE MORE VOICE OUT OF PLACE THIS WILL NOT END NICELY.”

This time Mei did not hold back and started shouting back trying to get her point across. The whole room went so quite that you could hear  pin drop. She calmed her self down and tried to finish speaking.

“As I said it was a mutual agreement and an undisclosed fee was paid to him out of my own money. So all you don’t have to worry about your profits. As for the school, it’s mine the contract was signed before we divorced and it cannot be taken out of my name.

My husband was gay. Mr Aihara is aware of this fact as I have already spoken to him about this and some other matters, which does not concern you at this point.”

The looks on the board members faces were full of shock and disbelief, they all started to whisper among themselves. Mei slapped her hand on the table which made everyone jump including Yuzu. She continued.

“Does anyone have any questions so far.”

“Yes I have one.”

“Ah Mr Dixon, nice to see you again.”

“You too Ms Aihara. My question is when do you intend to get remarried at some point.”

“Yes, I am already engaged to the person that I love and this person has always been the one I loved.”

“Could you please elaborate a bit more.”

“I can but first you all have to sign this this disclosure form.”

“Why do we have to do that.”

“It’s a private matter and I am protecting my fiancé.”