CHAPTER 36

The two lovers walk into their home and were greeted by their parents. Yuzu heads for the bedroom while Mei sits down and talks to her mother and father. Mei takes a few deep breaths and starts by saying

"If grandfather calls or if he comes around here, I don't want too see him. He has royally pissed me off. He put myself and Yuzu on show today, in front of the entire board. We had to come clean about our relationship and it did not go down to well with some of them.

As you know we was going to accept the offer that grandfather gave us last night, but now we have decided to make him wait at least five years before we decide anything.
I thought he accepted my relationship with Yuzu but I don't think he has one bit."

"He did what to you two" Shou said, Stunned

"He definitely pulled the wool over my eyes" Ume said.

"Mother, Father he has put some doubts in my mind about you two. Have you fully accepted us."

Ume looks at her youngest daughter and looks her straight in the eyes and speaks.

"We have accepted you 1000%. You have nothing to fear and nothing to worry about. We love you girls from the bottom of our hearts."

"I second that" Shou chimed in.

"Mother, Father. Thank you. I'm going to speak to my fiancé now."

Mei gets up from the chair she was sitting in and starts to walk over to her bedroom door when she hears her father phone ring.

"Hello father, what do I owe this pleasure."

Placing the call on speaker, Mei walks back.

"I'm calling to make sure my granddaughters are OK."

"Are you joking."

"Of course I'm not."

"Well I assure you that you won't be speaking to them for a while. How could you do that to them."

"I wanted to test their resolve"

"Well congratulations you did that and I think that they won."

"I could not agree more with that."

"but you also burned your bridges for a while. Or should I say for 5 years."

"Ah so Mei must of told you all about today."

"Of course she did. We don't hide any secrets now. We talk about them openly."

"Well tell them from me that I am proud of them."

"Do you want to know what Mei asked me."

Silence was all that came through the phone. Shou raised his voice a little bit and spoke once again

"Your granddaughter asked us, her family if we accept them. You put doubt in her mind after everything you said to them. They thought you accepted their relationship 100%. We are still trying convince them that we do. You are one cruel old man. I think we better stop this phone call or I will say some things that won't be nice."

"I'm sorry Shou. I did not mean for it to come out that way."

"I'm not the one you should be apologising too, but you won't get any response from those 2 girls. You can be really two faced sometimes. Now everything you say to them will always be questioned. You knowing full well what we all did too Mei and now you are trying on with Yuzu. You really need to start thinking about your actions as they will always have consequences."

With that Shou hung up the phone. Mei mouthed to her father "thank you" and once again walked back to her bedroom.

Mei opens the door to their bedroom and looks for Yuzu. She can see that her fiancé has gotten out of her clothes and has changed into something more comfortable. She calls out to Yuzu and gets no answer. She walks around to her side of the bed and tries to call her again with still no answer. She can see that Yuzu is fast asleep. She lays down next her kisses her forehead.